Thursday, January 31, 2019

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 24 Review

Let's keep it short, limit the horror. Brutal gameweek. 36 points. Not what I need if I'm going to start climbing the ranking anytime soon 😬

Gameweek Ponits: 36
Gameweek Rank: 4,151,282
Overall Rank: 253,118
(click to enlarge)

The average was just 42 so I guess it wasn't too bad. Plus Salah blanked, which I should consider something of a blessing. I was really hoping for something from my captain Hazard last night, which would've been perfect with Salah failing to score, so the fact that Chelsea were on the end of a 4-0 thrashing by Bournemouth came as quite a surprise. My judgement was really off on that one. I'm not gonna knee-jerk and remove him anytime soon, but such a bad defeat does have to be factored into the equation going forward.

All in all, a very weird week. City beat, Liverpool drawing. Chelsea thrashed. Spurs squeezing home. No clean sheets at all for top six sides. A sign of things to come? Or just a rogue week we can all ignore?

Liverpool and City both looked very flat. Which brings me to the next point..

My Plans For Gameweek 25

Having a double gameweek so soon after a bad week feels very welcome. However, it also feels like I now have more riding on it.

In the last post I stated I was planning on bringing Man City's Danilo in, but I had a think and switched my plans. Even taking into account David Luiz's terrible performance last night it stills seems a little bit of a backwards move to take him out. Especially given I'd be taking him out for a defender who may not start both games, in a team that ain't keeping too many clean sheets. So I'm doubling down. Or tripling down rather, on City's midfield. Bringing David Silva (or perhaps Bernardo Silva) in for Paul Pogba.

Pogba has a little yellow flag at the moment. Plus they're playing Leicester who normally play well against the bigger sides - as per last night against Liverpool. I plan on bringing Pogba straight back a week later, assuming he's all fit and well, so it'll probably be a very short term switch. Costing two transfers, but hopefully worth it.

I'm still planning on triple captaining Sterling too :)

It feels like an even bigger gamble after the last performance. The rotation alone already made it fairly risky. It'll be fun though (hopefully). Time to be brave I think.

Overall Points: 1,379
Overall Rank: 253,118

No comments:

Post a Comment