Monday, April 29, 2019

GW36 Review: Salah's Revenge

I've went without Salah all season and have been crowing repeatedly about how little it's affected me. I thought that with everyone wildcarding in GW34 I'd passed the danger zone. However, Salah came back to bite me this week. A 19 point haul - with many people triple captaining him too. On top of this when I wildcarded I chose to go completely Liverpool-less. So I missed out on the big hauls that Robertson and Alexander-Arnold brought home as well. Fortunately I brought Mané in with my free transfer and stuck the armband on him. So that really saved me from the bullet.

Gameweek Points: 62
Gameweek Rank: 3,981,731
Overall Rank: 42,561
(GW36 returns)

The gameweek average was 69, so my rank dropped nearly 20k 😭 I should count my blessings really though as the damage could've been much worse. In hindsight my big mistake was loosing Robertson when I did my wildcard. I think I got a bit carried away wanting players with double gameweeks. I think I also underestimated Liverpool. They really haven't bottled it in any way whatsoever (yet), so I owe them some massive respect. Great title race.

Going forward my options are pretty limited now. For my free transfer I'll be removing Duffy. Probably for Wan-Bissaka. Palace have two decent games. Plus I'm pretty much priced out of the top end players. I'm a little tempted to bring in an Arsenal defender - home to Brighton, then away to Burnley. However, the fact they have Europa League semis to contend with puts me off. It would be fun to bring back Sokratis for a few games though. It was a big mistake bringing him in earlier in the season. Perhaps he could return with a goal and a few clean sheets now to rescue things.

I'll probably go the boring Wan-Bissake route though.

Also I'm planning on captaining Aubameyang. Again, that good game against Brighton. It'll be a gamble, but a nice little differential. A good few days yet before I have to make that decision though.

Overall Points: 2,207
Overall Rank: 42,561

No comments:

Post a Comment