Tuesday, November 12, 2019

FPL: GW12 Review

Another poor gameweek *sad face*

Gameweek Points: 41
Gameweek Rank: 4,734,315
Overall Rank: 1,970,649
(gameweek points; 41)

The average was 48, so it wasn't a complete disaster, but it was yet another big rank drop. I now have a mountain to climb if I'm going to achieve a decent rank this season.

Bringing in Alderweireld completely backfired as he missed his first Premier League game this season. Meaning Greenwood came in for just the one point. What really saved me this week was Salah returning as captain. So that was a huge silver lining.

I'm now not entirely sure what I'm going to do going forward. Fortunately I have the international break to think about it. I can't really bring Abraham in this week as they face Man City. So that may mean giving Pukki yet another game (!). Looking at the Crystal Palace fixtures that are coming up I'm actually very tempted to wait until GW14 and then bring in Jordan Ayew. I could then upgrade a midfielder to Pulisic or Maddison.

Greenwood, Connolly and Ayew would be a super cheap attacking line up though 😅

However, I am sticking with my plan of five big at the back and cheap up top. It hasn't quite worked so far (to say the least), but I think it's more fun and interesting to try to stick with it for a full season. 12 weeks is a decent chunk of time, but it's not really that huge in the context of an entire season. So perhaps it still may kick into gear at some point. ..Hopefully!


Overall Points: 608
Overall Rank: 1,970,649

No comments:

Post a Comment