Saturday, November 2, 2019

FPL: GW11 Preview

Well, miracle upon miracle, I think I'm actually going to roll a transfer this week o_O

This is not my natural game! In fact, I'm hoping to roll one next week too! As I'm planning on keeping Pukki for next week's game at home to Watford.

So let's just whack my team out for this gameweek;

(click to enlarge)

Just the one flag, and that on my bench. It seems Salah and Van Dijk are fine now. So hopefully they both start. If Otamendi gets a game too that would be huge, though no doubt Jorginho will come in. Alonso is a bit of a doubt with Emerson now back as well I guess. It'll be a disappointment if he doesn't play as he's been great since I brought him in.

Other than that all the games look set up quite nicely this week. Hopefully I can get a decent points haul. I'm really hoping that the Brighton v Norwich game will be a goal fest. I'm truly desperate for some Pukki returns.

It's one of those weekends where all the major games are on the Saturday too. I think I have just two players playing on the Sunday. So tomorrow it should be exciting watching the scores roll in. Both Liverpool and City have 3 o'clock kickoffs. Not often we see that.

This Season / Last Season

Also, finally, I've been thinking about this season in relation to last season. This time last year I was a little bit higher. Around 400k compared to my current 530k. Not a great deal of difference, so I'm confident I can achieve another decent finish.

I feel that last season I made more mistakes, but that I also had a bit more luck. I captained Aguero for his hat-trick and Hazard for his in the first ten weeks or so. So that really helped to offset that bad moves I made. This season I feel like my team has been much more solid and sensible, but I haven't quite had the rub of the green yet.

I've just checked last year's GW10 review and it was the week where Success came off my bench with six points. Again, that was kind of lucky :)

It was also the week where I posted this image;


In many ways I've been much more zen this season really. I certainly wasn't rolling any transfers back then that's for sure.

Also I went into GW11 last season with Sterling captain, as I have this week - and he got me 42 points!

Hopefully that's sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment