Friday, February 21, 2020

GW26 Review / GW27 Preview.

Wow, two whole weeks since I posted on here. That gameweek was a drag. Fortunately it was quite a decent week points wise for me though.

Gameweek Points: 78
Gameweek Rank: 413,433
Overall Rank: 196,342
(click to enlarge)

It goes without saying that I was super lucky with De Bruyne as captain. The game was called off due to bad weather - only to then be rearranged within the same gameweek!. Very fortunate. Especially as I had Mahrez vice, who in the end didn't play anyway. The 13 from Son was also a little lucky given he originally missed his penalty. His injury has evened things about a bit though. Meaning I'll need to transfer him out now.

Again though, this has in a way been a little lucky too, as I was going to remove De Bruyne to bring in Vardy. In preparation for GW28. Now I can just remove Son, meaning I'll be leaving De Bruyne and Mahrez on my bench GW28 with a potential double gameweek for City GW29. So it's not too bad.

It does mean my funds to get Vardy in are a little bit tighter though. I need to bring in a £5.1m or less midfielder for Son to leave me with the exact amount.

I've decided I'm going to go for the £5.0m Wolves star Neto. He came on off the bench in last night's Europa game, so I'm hoping he'll start come Sunday. Wolves also definitely have a game in GW31, so if the FA Cup fixtures fall my way it might help me navigate that week without having to resort to a chip. He's a player I really like the look of, but he doesn't often get the full 90 minutes. I can't really see a more suitable option at the price though, so it feels like a risk worth taking. Norwich at home is a pretty nice fixture too.

I got a rank boost of around 100k last week, so I'm starting to get towards the business end of the rankings. I'd really like a few more good weeks to push towards the top 100k now. If I could reach that high before I start hitting the chip buttons that would be perfect. It's a big ask though.

I've got the captaincy for this week on TAA. It always feels a bit of a weird choice when you're putting it on a defender, but he's such a great option. He's right up there with the top midfielders for points this season too. He's now on one more than Mane and is just the fifteen behind Salah. Which is incredible given the price. Very consistent points scorer too.


Anyway, hopefully this gameweek won't be as disjointed as the last one. Three days, ten games. Beautiful 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment