Tuesday, February 25, 2020

GW27 Review. Another Green Arrow :) ..just

I have to be pretty pleased with this week. Seven points above the average, a minor green arrow. So a fairly solid week.

Gameweek Points: 52
Gameweek Rank: 2,121,281
Overall Rank: 195,128
(click to enlarge)

I went up about 1,000 places. Which shows how much you need to do to get a decent rank boost when you start heading towards the higher echelons in fpl.

Oddly I think was probably most pleased with Dubravka this week. With Newcastle losing 1-0 I was expecting the standard two points, so when I looked and saw two save points on top of that I was over the moon. Simple things..

He was the first of my players to actually play at the weekend, so I think that adds to it. You always feel better when you get some points on the board early. When your first player comes out of the blocks with a big fat blank it seems to set the tone for the rest of the gameweek. At least psychologically.

The whole week really swung on the captain choice. It was another week where I was fearing not owning Salah and counting on TAA to pull me through, which fortunately he did. His three bonus points, plus the Robertson assist in a sense cancelling out not having Salah. Anyone with Salah, Trent and Mane this week will have done really well. Luckily Mane still isn't quite as highly owned as he was a few weeks back though.

Going Forward...

Going forward I'm now just waiting to get Vardy transferred in. I'd like to just do it now and get things settled, but with Mahrez and De Bruyne definitely blanking this week I can't afford anymore absentees. I already have a yellow flag on Digne. If he misses again I'll be needing Greenwood to come in off my bench. If he can get another eight points that wouldn't be too bad at all, but of course there's always the danger that he doesn't even play at all.

So I'm best off waiting to make sure Vardy doesn't get injured before I bring him in.

The deadline is Friday this week too so I better bear that in mind as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment