Tuesday, June 23, 2020

FPL: GW31 Preview

Free hit all set. I'm really liking this team.

(click to enlarge)

It's normally a bad sign when I start a week this confident, but still, I'm very hopeful.

I'm not wholly confident in selecting Grealish after his last two performances, but he's very capable of getting a big haul and it's a nice game. The other options in that price bracket (Jota/Traore/Barnes/etc) don't feel quite as nailed on to start. Whereas Villa can hardly afford to drop Grealish. They need a result too. Hopefully now that Newcastle are effectively safe with 38 points they'll take their foot off the gas.

Richarlison feels like a nice player to own this gameweek. He's only 11% owned so it could be very useful if he does return.

I've went with three Liverpool at the back too. So, I'm gambling on Crystal Palace frustrating Liverpool a little bit. A low-scoring Liverpool win and clean sheet would be ideal. Especially if Salah and Mane blank 😈

Obviously captaincy is a difficult decision this week. I've went with Son. Partly because of the game, but also because of his ceiling. He can potentially go crazy. So I feel like it's the most aggressive option. I'm guessing many people will be going with Fernandes - who seems like the most sensible choice, especially given his consistency. However, I'm a tiny bit worried that there'll be a bit of a Sheffield United backlash after their terrible performance against Newcastle. They might just knuckle down for a point and make it hard for United. So Son feel like the right pick.

With Pogba, Fernandes and De Gea in my side though I'm very much hoping for a good Manchester United display. So hopefully all my players just go wild :)

No comments:

Post a Comment