Saturday, June 27, 2020

GW32+ Preview ...plus awful team value

I'll get my team set now, rather than wait 'til tomorrow. If I do my transfer of Leno to Martinez tonight I should save myself £0.1m if fplstatistics.co.uk is anything to go by. I'm not sure why I'm really bothered about saving "point-one" at this point in the season, but as I'm wildcarding next week I have this nagging worry that I may regret it if I don't.

I actually have an awful overall team value as it stands; £99.6m. Less than the £100m I started with. Other fpl managers have a few extra million wiggle-room by this point, but I've went backwards. I think it's because I have such an idiosyncratic playing style. I tend not to follow the herd, so I don't ride the waves of ownership that help build up player prices. I wonder how much it's costing me now. A few million is the difference between a £4.5m player and a £6 or £7m one. So it's a noticeable difference for sure.

Perhaps it's something I should work on next season, though again, it would mean switching my playing style to something very different. 170k rank isn't too bad at the moment, and last year I finished 30k doing my own thing. So my instincts aren't damaging me too much. I guess it's more a question of fine tuning things rather than a complete overhaul of the method.

GW32+ Team

So anyway, my actual team. It's not looking great is it. I get the feeling that I'll know how well my week's going pretty much after the first game (Aston Villa v Wolves). Owning no Wolves players could damage me. Likewise a Grealish goal would be very welcome. I'm half-expecting I'll be dipping into my bench too, so I may be relying on Samatta 😟 I actually thought he looked decent against Newcastle with his link-up play, but he didn't really look like scoring. Either way hopefully he'll play the full 90 minutes again just in case I need him.

After that it's then all on the shoulders of Aubameyang. Home to Norwich surely the perfect fixture for him??

Having three City players also gives me some potential, but with the risk of rotation, and with it being Liverpool they're facing, I feel it's more hope than expectation. Each player being pretty much just a dice roll. It is at least something though.

(click to enlarge)

With my team looking so clumsy and unconvincing this week I'll happily take anything over the average. I feel like I really need to hold my rank this gameweek to solidify the gains of the last two weeks.

Another green arrow before wildcarding would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment