Friday, May 20, 2022

GW37: Good, but not enough

A decent week, but not enough to turn things round.

Gameweek Points: 78 (-4)
Gameweek Rank: 760,434
Overall Rank: 134,065

The captaincy did half the work, and Vardy did half of the other half. So my transfers, which included a minus 4, paid off.

For the rest of the team it was a little disappointing. Coutinho has really disappointed since I brought him in. Holding on to him for the doubles has really cost me. With Konsa I feel I've been unlucky. Not just this week, but there was also the week where I bench boosted and he was dropped for both games. Plus my original plan to bench boost way back in GW23, where I was planning to hit the button after wildcarding but had to change tack after Konsa picked up a minor injury. He then went on to play the game anyway. Meaning I'd have got 20+ from the bench boost had I have stuck to the plan.

He wasn't a great pick in hindsight, but it's very easy to say that in GW38 - at the time he seemed nailed on and freed up some cash.

GW38 - the final dice roll

As for this last week I think 34k is far too much to make up in a single week, so I'm virtually resigned to a sub 100k finish. I have toyed with the idea of really going for it with some differential moves, but that's not really my style, so I wouldn't be feeling it. Plus I do want as high a rank as possible so I have a good average to compare my first "gamemonth management" season to.

There's not a huge difference between 95k and 105k when it comes to averages. It's mainly psychological. So I need to be sensible and try my best to have a solid final week. Finishing 200k won't be much use to me.

With that in mind I'm going to remove Konsa (finally) and bring in a Spurs defender.

There are quite a few options: My instinct is to go with Emerson Royal. I'm not quite sure why, but I just have a gut feeling. The sensible choice is Ryan Sessegnon. So it's currently a choice between head and instinct. There's also Davinson Sanchez who has notched a few times this season. I'm thinking Norwich v Spurs will be quite open with it being the last game of the season, so maybe any goals that come will be from open play, making wingbacks a slightly better bet than players needing set pieces.

If I was going to make the transfer right this moment I'd go Emerson Royal, I might as well go with instinct at this point. There's still a fair bit of time to rethink things however.

I was also tempted to switch Coutinho to Bowen, but with the last day normally being so chaotic I think I'd rather have a couple of players on my bench, even if they are facing City, just in case there are line up surprises. Reece James is never nailed on to play, so that's already one player that makes me wince when I check the team sheets, so there's no harm in having a little extra cover.

Anyway, hopefully I'll end on a high note. Good luck everyone.

Overall Points: 2412
Overall Rank: 134,065

No comments:

Post a Comment