Friday, February 1, 2019

FPL: GW25 Preview - Double Gameweek! :D

Fruit machine time..

(Silva, Sterling and Sané)

Gamblers, fools and dice rollers. Now's your time to win big or lose hard. The first double gameweek of the season is upon us.

I'm sticking with my plan of having David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sané for the week - with Sterling triple-captained. What can go wrong? ..aside from all three potentially being benched, Man City's lacklustre form, Salah possibly outscoring all three of them in a single game ..and so on and so forth.

As for my decision to captain Sterling ahead of Sané - who will be most people's first choice City captain - I should probably explain it. Sterling is currently the top points scoring City player this season. So it's literally that simple - whack it on the guy with the most points. Plus Sterling was City's top scoring player last season too. So if I had to guess who would finish off this season top scorer my best guess would be Sterling given he's already ahead.

Of course, this is ignoring the obvious fact that Sané has tended to outscore Sterling over the last few months. Plus he had a slow start to the season, so has caught up pretty rapidly in the points department. Showing he's clearly the form player. So it's a bit of a gamble. My gut says Sterling though. Saying that however, my gut was very wrong about Hazard last gameweek. So maybe not a good sign.

Hazard will still be my fourth midfielder this gameweek, and in spite of last time out I'm actually still feeling confident having him in there. Surely there'll be some sort of reaction at home to Huddersfield? In fact, from the highlights Chelsea didn't look too bad in the first half against Bournemouth, and had a fair few chances. They just seemed to capitulate after conceding.

It's been quite hard to judge Chelsea, and also Arsenal this season. Both having new managers. Both showing promise, but both also looking all over the place at times. I could do with a few goals from Hazard this week though. My season is really stagnating, so how this week's gambles pay off or otherwise could really set the seal on where I finish come the final week.

(My line-up for GW25 - triple captain active)

Good luck :) ..you may just need it this gameweek.

No comments:

Post a Comment