Tuesday, September 17, 2019

FPL: GW5 Review

:(

Gameweek Points: 34
Gameweek Rank: 6,222,618
Overall Rank: 1,679,245
(click to enlarge ..probably best
not to)

Truly brutal gameweek. The emoji says it all. What else can be said.

To be fair it could've been much, much worse. So I should be grateful. I actually started Greenwood! So if he'd have came on to get me one point I'd be sitting here with both Pukki and Cantwell on the bench. I thought I was going to be super lucky last night when I saw Douglas Luiz benched too, but unfortunately he came on for just 9 minutes towards the end. Meaning Cantwell stayed put.

The bad gameweek has really forced me to think though, so hopefully I'll benefit going forward.

First up, there are now three players that I don't have that I feel I want; Son, Mason Mount, and Abraham.

However, with the way I'm set up I have no way to bring them in. I'm sticking with my plan, which means that it's either Son or De Bruyne in midfield. I can't have both at present (I'll stick with De Bruyne for the time being). It's likewise similar with Abraham. I only have room for either him or Pukki, so I'll continue to go with Pukki and then assess going forward.

With Mount it's a little more likely I'll be able to bring him in, but I'll need to rejig things a bit. So I'll put that on hold too. Chelsea play Liverpool this week, so it's not an ideal fixture anyway. Though I said that about Norwich v Man City.

My plans for my two transfers this week are to bring in Ayew and Vertonghen, and take out Azpilicueta and Wickham. These are quite boring changes, and not how many would use their transfers following a gameweek like I've just had. However, I feel I need to strengthen my bench for the coming weeks and a playing 5.1m striker seems like a useful addition. Having just Greenwood and Wickham potentially leaves me a bit short. I also like the look of Tottenham's next four fixtures. I'm hoping they might actually get some clean sheets. They seem to be like gold dust this season, and with five at the back it's really destroying my rank.

I'll post a preview on Friday confirming my team and transfers for GW6. Hopefully things go better :)

Overall Points: 274
Overall Rank: 1,679,245

No comments:

Post a Comment