Friday, September 20, 2019

FPL GW6 Preview

Okay, so got my team sorted. I'm very happy with my 2 transfers. I kind of feel like they've fell into place quite nicely. I wan going to switch Azpilicueta to Vertonghen - essentially moving sideways from Chelsea to Spurs in the hope of clean sheets. Then I was going to upgrade Wickham to Ayew with the extra cash to improve my bench a little.

However, with John Stones getting injured it now means that Otamendi is more or less guaranteed to play for the next month or so (hopefully). So I've decided to move Ederson to Lloris, which covers the nice looking Spurs fixtures. Then I've brought in Otamendi for Azpilicueta.

If Otamendi does play every game then he's a step up from Ederson as he also brings a bit of goal threat from set pieces. Likewise Lloris should be a safer bet than Vertonghen as the Spurs back line isn't always nailed on. So I'm getting another player more certain of starts. Plus Vertonghen tends to offer very little going forward anyway.

The transfers also save me a cool £1m - so I now have an extra million to invest elsewhere going forward! So these transfers feel very right.

(GW6 line up)

As for the rest of my team this week. I'm going Sterling for captain. There's a risk of rotation - as ever. However, I'm happy to take the risk. I'm not too confident in risking Greenwood though after my huge get out of jail last gameweek. Greenwood scored in the Europe League, and with Daniel James doubtful there's probably even more chance he could start this week. I'll be starting Cantwell though. Greenwood can be my first off the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment