Friday, September 27, 2019

FPL: GW7 Preview

I think Lloris looks good to start. Plus there's a chance my back-up keeper, the 4.0m McGovern could play. So that means I don't have to worry about wasting a transfer on a keeper.

My bench is still a bit weak, and I should really be looking to strengthen it. However, the temptation to use my luxury transfer for my first eleven is just too much to resist. So I'll be bringing in Alonso for Digne.

Chelsea have some great fixtures, and with Emerson now out Alonso looks a good option (if a little expensive). I'm not expecting many clean sheets from Chelsea, but with Alonso there's always the possibility of goals and assists. So it feels like a good shout. Especially given how attacking Chelsea look.

I may bring Digne back further down the line. Maybe even next week. This is one of the things I like about having five big at the back. Five expensive pegs means I can pretty much own anyone in that position. Without having to lose someone I may regret dropping.

It feels like we're starting to see some good defensive options coming to the fore now. Otamendi looks good now he's guaranteed starts. Tomori at Chelsea looks like an interesting cheaper option. The Leicester fullbacks are looking good.

It's a shame really that I don't have Alexander-Arnold as well. I went with Robertson and van Dijk at the start of the season and I'm sticking with that for the time being - even though TAA has clearly been the best option so far. I don't really see the point in wasting transfers chasing points though. Also I'm still quite interested in having all three. If another non-Liverpool midfielder steps up to match Salah then I could go that way. Feels a bit scary to do that at the moment though. Plus there isn't an obvious Salah substitute. So I'll just have to hope TAA gets rotated a little bit over the next few weeks :)

As for my team this week. I'm taking another minor risk in starting Greenwood ahead of Cantwell. Surely he has to start for Man Utd now (!)

Other than that (and Alonso coming in) it's pretty much as is.

(click to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment