Tuesday, September 3, 2019

GW4 Review.

I was over the moon with my points tally on Sunday evening. Digne's assist bumping it up to 59 points led me to feel like I'd had a very solid week. However, when the average updated later that night it took the edge off a bit - 57 points, quite a high one. Nevertheless, and in spite of a little rank drop, I'm still feeling quite good about it.

Gameweek Points: 59
Gameweek Rank: 2,658,807
Overall Rank: 559,602
(click to enlarge)

The only thing that really let me down this week was my captain, with Sterling blanking for the first time this season. I have no complaints really though, you can't expect returns every week, and I'll probably stick with him as captain next time out.

Starting Greenwood also failed to pay off. He only came on for a grand total of eight minutes in the end, so I was fortunate that it didn't cost me more. Getting just one point compared to the two points I would've got had I started Cantwell.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Greenwood going forward. Pereira didn't have a great game for United, so if Martial remains out you'd think he'd again be in consideration for a start. Especially given that he looked quite bright when he eventually came on. United really are just a few more injuries away from a crisis looking at the sparsity of options up top. It could be good for Greenwood owners, but watching United struggle against Southampton I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see them finish in the bottom half this season.

In fact, the whole idea of a top six - out in front of the rest - really seems to be breaking down this year. Though to be fair we are still only four games in. Chelsea have definitely looked average so far. Particularly at the back. Which leads me to my one main concern at the moment, Azpilicueta. Traditionally clean sheets have been a major part of the appeal with him. He does chip in with the odd assist, but he's mainly a player you want for the consistency. If Chelsea are conceding four goals in two games against newly promoted sides then that doesn't look promising.

It's not a major issue, but I think I'll be looking to move him on. Going big at the back seemed to work this week, so I'm definitely sticking with the plan. Once you get past City and Liverpool though it's difficult to find players that justify the price tag. David Luiz is a possible replacement. Arsenal have some nice fixtures, but again clean sheets are far from expected with them. I may also look to Leicester players once their fixtures get a little easier.

Obviously it's the international break at the moment, so there's no rush to make any plans or decisions. Hopefully there won't be any knocks or injuries.

Overall Points: 240
Overall Rank: 559,602

No comments:

Post a Comment