Friday, July 3, 2020

FPL: GW32+ Review / GW33+ Preview

Another nice week. I knew my entire gameweek would hang upon the shoulders of Aubameyang and he came good. Only three players returned for me, yet I finished with 74 points. Very lucky indeed. Now it's wildcard time for GW33+


Gameweek Points: 74
Gameweek Rank: 772,716
Overall Rank: 141,739
(a very unbalanced gameweek)

I thought I was going to get a few Sheffield United clean sheets too until that late Kane goal yesterday. That would've been a little bit greedy though so I can't complain too much. I was fortunate enough this week. With me choosing not to use the wildcard I was quite worried that GW32+ would badly damage my ranking. So to get a decent green arrow was really beyond my expectations.

I jumped 30,000 places. I'd have loved to have been in the top 100k by this point, but 141k isn't too far off. So if I can make this wildcard work there's still a chance of a decent finish.

GW33+ Wildcard...

This is how my team stands at present.


I've tinkered around quite a bit, but I think I'm settled now. Twenty minutes ago I had Pogba in, Nketiah instead of Greenwood (who would've been benched for Jonny), and Ederson in goal. However, having watched City yesterday I really want to keep three City attackers. After all, the games are superb. Plus Mahrez came on late yesterday so I fancy him for a start on Sunday.

Having Greenwood in the starting line up is a bit of a risk as he could easily be back on the bench (I've lost out on the Greenwood gamble before this season), but as with Manchester City; I really want three United attackers.

It also means I'm sticking Jonny on the bench now. If he delivers and stays there that'll be frustrating of course. I did plan on having a strong bench though for these last six games, so it adds a bit of security.

The fact that teams now have five transfers makes it more likely that players - especially attacking players - will at least get some game time off the bench. However, players will get seriously rotated now as the season winds to an end, so I'm expecting at least the odd full benching. For example, if Trent Alexander-Arnold finds himself starting on the bench on Sunday he may very well stay there and get the full rest. In fact, now Liverpool have the league in the bag it's possible players may not even travel for games. So I really want a good bench for if and when that happens.

Finally this brings me to my captain choice this week. I'm going for Trent partly due to this thinking. He's got a great fixture - you'd have to think at least a clean sheet is quite likely with them playing Villa. Then if he doesn't start there's always the potential that he may just sit the entire game out. So my vice captain will then get a shot at things. Whereas if I captain say De Bruyne and he gets benched then it's more likely he may just come on for the last 10 minutes or something.

In the image above I have the vice captaincy on Robertson. I'll no doubt change that to Fernandes before tomorrow morning however. He's probably the obvious choice for captain this week, and is pretty much guaranteed to start. So it could cost me not just sticking the captaincy straight on him. I do really fancy Liverpool to bounce back though against Villa. So captaining TAA should be a nice differential going into this gameweek.

Hopefully it pays off.

Overall Points: 1873
Overall Rank: 141,739

No comments:

Post a Comment