Friday, November 20, 2020

puzzle solving

I quite enjoy these weeks. With all the flags dotted about it feels like you have a little puzzle to solve.

I've been toying about since Monday, on and off, trying to find the right transfer move. I've finally decided to go TAA to Digne. I did originally want to hold all three Liverpool players, but the injury news I caught up on today finally pushed me in this direction. TAA definitely out. Callum Wilson with a decent shout of starting. So TAA goes.

I quite like this move. The next three Everton games look decent. Especially this week's away to Fulham. So it feels like it's more than just plugging gaps.

I would've preferred to have brought in Calvert-Lewin for Wilson if it was just a case of this gameweek (there was part of me hoping that the injury news would be the other way round). However, after GW9 Wilson's games look great. So if I can survive this week without too much damage then I prefer this set up going forward. The extra cash in the bank giving me some real flexibility.


Obviously Soucek will be coming in for Salah. I may as well leave the big man in though. You never know, if he does start by some freak occurrence I would hate to miss out on a ginormous haul.

If Wilson fails to recover in time I should have Kilman coming in, which ain't too bad.

At one point this week I was toying with transferring out Struijk - I never realised he played GW8's game. I just saw the zero on my bench and assumed he didn't play lol.

Now that Robertson looks more certain to start I shouldn't really need him either way, so hopefully it's a moot point. Still though, the fact that he did play gives me an added glimmer of confidence in my ability to get a full eleven on the pitch.

Maybe the fact that Leeds conceded four with Struijk playing will mean he disappears straight back out again anyway lol. So I'll have to keep a better eye on that situation going forward. The way things have been this season I really feel like I need a full playing bench. So that could be a transfer waiting to happen. Also, he signed a new contract for Leeds this week, which could be a good sign he'll be getting at least some game time.

If he does play this week it'll be a nice bonus. As amidst the flags and general uncertainty I may well need that third bench player.

Hopefully not though. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment