Thursday, November 26, 2020

GW10 Preview. Double transfer to then double-double-up

Well, I've already made one transfer this week. That was Zaha to Mahrez. I made it very late last night. (I actually got up out of bed and turned my phone back on to do it). Zaha was on for a price dip, so I had to go early to make sure I had enough cash to do Son to De Bruyne next week. I was gonna risk waiting another day, but my restless tossing and turning paid off as he did indeed drop.

However, today I've discovered I have another issue. Lucas Digne is now out, needing surgery for an ankle injury. Which could mean he misses the next two months. So that's a second transfer I have to make.

I think I'll take a minus 4 and bring in Manchester City's Cancelo. Normally I would just wait a week to fix the problem. Especially given that I have Kilman sat on my bench. This time I feel I need to make an aggressive move though, as otherwise it potentially ruins all my well laid plans.

As I mentioned earlier my plan is to bring in De Bruyne next week for his game against Fulham. I was then thinking of taking him straight back out to bring in ManĂ©. As Liverpool then face Fulham the following week. So I'll have the double double-up so to speak.

That would leave me relying on Kilman for the next three weeks with no bench support in defence (other than the seldom-playing Struijk). Consequently it probably makes sense to take the minus 4 now to get a player I actually want ahead of the curve. Rather than risk having to play catch up if I get another injury or suspension.

The City fixtures look great. So Cancelo seems ideal. Meaning I'll potentially now have the triple-up for that Fulham game.

However, as I mentioned in my last post, City have failed to impress massively so far this season, so it could be a bit of a nostalgia move. Hopefully the old City can return though and I can at least win back my four points.

Fernandes captain. Let's go.


No comments:

Post a Comment