Tuesday, November 3, 2020

(GW7 Review) Red arrow, but all smiles

I ended up with a red arrow, finishing 6 points behind the average. However, it still feels like a decent week. My wildcard paid off to some extent (I would've finished with over 10 points less had I stuck with my original team). So it's all good.

Gameweek Points: 47
Gameweek Rank: 4,993,156
Overall Rank: 2,730,613

The only real disappointment is the Ings injury. Apparently it isn't as bad as first thought, so perhaps he may make a speedy recovery. Either way I'll probably just roll this week's transfer. With West Ham being at home to Fulham I quite like the idea of starting Soucek. So if Ings does miss out I'll at least have a good replacement.

Looking at the wider picture I'm beginning to take a very laid back approach to the season. Things are so unpredictable it feels like every week there's at least one or two high scoring, well-owned players that you don't own. Not owning Grealish or Vardy has put a bit of a dent in my score this week.

Obviously you can't own everyone, so there's no point worrying about what you can't control. You just need to pick your eleven players then strap in for the ride.

In previous seasons it's felt like there's been a basic template team. Which the more serious fpl managers tend to gravitate towards. Around which you can then add a few personal tweaks and differentials. This means if you pay attention and get those core template players in your side then you usually pull ahead of the more casual fpl managers fairly quickly.

However, this year it's quite, quite different. The pool of obvious value assets to target isn't quite as nailed down yet. It really is anyone's guess. Even last year's set and forget choices, such as TAA, are going out the window.

Currently there's not a single Liverpool defender in the top ten points scoring defenders, and there's not a single Manchester City midfielder in the top ten points scoring midfielders.

Crazy.

So given my entire plan at the start was Liverpool defence, City attack, it's not surprising I'm currently drifting aimlessly around the three million mark.

Again, the unpredictable nature of this season leaves me feeling like I don't have an anchor. My assessment of players changing from week to week. I'm all over the place.

So it's best to just relax and let the breeze take me.

Overall Points: 361
Overall Rank: 2,730,613

No comments:

Post a Comment