Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 11 Review

Very nice gameweek for me this time out. Mainly due to my captaining of Sterling. I'll try not to be too smug in the following paragraphs. However, having had two awful weeks with my choice of captain this feels like a welcome change of fortune. So it'll be hard to hide my glee.

Gameweek Points: 82
Gameweek Rank: 160,582
Overall Rank: 212,923

(GW11 - how it all panned out in the end
- click to enlarge)


(Raheem Sterling: 2 goals, 2 assists, 21 points)


I'll quickly run through the highs and lows of my week.

Highs :D

  • 42 points for Sterling
  • Dubravka clean sheet
  • Hazard & Alonso assists
  • Lucas Moura finally nabbed a goal
  • Superb finish from Lacazette in Arsenal's 1-1 draw with Liverpool

Lows :(
  • My transfer of Luke Shaw didn't bear fruit this week - it also meant that I benched Yedlin who bagged 7 points
  • Firmino once again blanked
  • Robertson and David Luiz also failed to get more than 2 points on the board

For the first time this season I've actually finished a gameweek not desperate to make a transfer. So hopefully I'll be able to save this week's until after the dreaded international break. In previous posts I mentioned my plans to eventually have five "top six" defenders, however with Newcastle finally coming good at the back I think I'll put that plan on hold and leave Yedlin in my side.

Luke Shaw just earned me a single point in his first GW for me, and I'll probably bench him this week for their game against Man City. However, I thought he played well against Bournemouth and I'm quite happy that I've brought him in. It may have been a mistake to bring him in this early, but I think in the long run he'll be worth having if he stays fit.

I'm actually quite content with my whole squad at the moment, so hopefully there'll be no injuries and I can have a nice smooth GW12.


The Top Five Players I Don't Own That I Fear

1. Agüero

I'm enjoying my smugness with having Sterling right now, however Agüero once again came up with the goods, grabbing 13 points. Hopefully Sterling will continue to match him, however Agüero is looking as dangerous as ever. Plus there'll be people out there that own both players. So he continues to inspire the fear.

2. Salah

This week, with Liverpool at home to Fulham, Salah has to be a big worry for anyone going without him. I'm not hugely worried about him beyond this week, but with Fulham's record at the back Salah could do some real damage in GW12.

Am I confident Firmino can steal some of his thunder? Not at all sadly. However, I can at least hope. So fingers crossed.

3. Mane

Exactly the same as with Salah. Though I guess to a slightly lesser extent. If the same thing that happened against Cardiff (i.e. 15 points apiece) happens against Fulham it'll be a hard weekend to endure.

4. Richarlison

Richarlison is looking really special at present. His two finishes at the weekend were very high quality.

It's starting to look like it would be sensible for me to remove Lucas Moura and bring him in instead, however I'm still a little put off simply due to Everton being a difficult side to put faith in. Plus, Richarlison has a difficult game away to Chelsea this week, so I can put off making the decision for a few more weeks thankfully.

5. Aubameyang

Aubameyang slips down in the fear stakes a little after the weekend, however he remains an excellent option. I'm very happy having Lacazette at the moment with him seeming to get the greater game time, but so far Aubameyang still seems like the slightly more likely goalscorer in games.

Others on the Radar...

A few other players worth mentioning are Anderson and Arnautovic from West Ham, who are both looking very dangerous. Also Wilson once again grabbed a goal, so he's still looking like very good value.

Likewise Martial is looking good for goals. It would be hard for me to squeeze him into my side, however he looks good value at £7.5m and Man Utd are starting to look a little more stable from what I've seen. Though saying that, they were calamitous at the back for the first 20 minutes at the weekend xD They'll probably go on to keep a clean sheet against City now, and I'll have Luke Shaw sitting on my bench wasting points.

This week was pretty decent though.

Overall Points: 665
Overall Rank: 212,923

No comments:

Post a Comment