Friday, November 23, 2018

FPL Friday Preview: GW13

The return of Agüero..

This week sees me bring back Agüero into my side, which is a relief. It's been nervy watching games not having him. I'm also bringing in Jiménez, mainly to enable Agüero's return. Sadly it means I'll be losing both Firmino and Lacazette. It's particularly disappointing taking Firmino out as he's a great player and I really had faith at the start of the season that he'd deliver. However, that really hasn't happened, so it seems like a smart move to bring back Agüero. It's also a little disappointing to drop Lacazette as he's done quite well for me since I brought him in. However, the slight injury doubt has made the decision a little easier.

With Agüero back it means I'll now be tripling up on City attackers with Agüero, Sterling and Gündogan. If all three start it could be a very nice week. I'll also be captaining Sterling, so fingers crossed they all start and City turn on the style.

(My Three City Amigos - Agüero, Sterling and Gündogan)

There are quite a few dangers for me this week too though. I'm having to double up on Newcastle at the back with Luke Shaw being suspended 😬 Plus I have four players tied up in the Spurs v Chelsea game, which means players could cancel each other out. If Spurs win 1-0 and Lucas Moura isn't involved in the goal I'll be well screwed.

Moura also brings me to another danger - the danger of not having a full first eleven. Sterling, Gündogan and Moura are all players that potentially could be benched and I'll just have Success and Guendouzi to come in. Both players that likewise could start their respective games on the bench.*

Hopefully it'll all go smoothly though :)

(My team for #GW13
- click to enlarge)

*Also there's now apparently a slight doubt over Robertson starting!! He's not injured, but having played "two very intense games for Scotland" (Klopp) during the international break he only returned to training today. Leading to speculation that he could be rested for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment