Friday, November 2, 2018

FPL Friday Preview: GW11

I'll try to keep it short and sweet for this week's preview. After last week's excitement of a double transfer and a minus four hit this week seems a little more prosaic. I have got one transfer planned, namely Tomkins out and Luke Shaw in. I was going to bring in Luke Shaw sometime later, as I hoped to bring in a Spurs or Man City defender this week. However, my budget doesn't stretch far enough to accommodate a player guaranteed a starting place at the moment, so I've rejigged my plans a little.

The next two games aren't great for United, but the games Crystal Palace have are even worse, so it's a little bit of a free hit in a way. Hopefully it won't be a wasted transfer. The obvious way for me to free up funds going forward for my super-charged defence would be to downgrade Gündogan, however, with De Bruyne once again injured he seems like someone worth keeping hold of. So for the time being I'll have to make do with the funds I have.

Gündogan was back in training on Tuesday, though he looks doubtful for the weekend's game against Southampton. If he plays any part in what looks to be an easy game for City it'll be a massive bonus for me.

I'm still quite tempted to go with John Stones (the one City defender I can actually afford) over Luke Shaw at the time of writing. He would be a much better option if he plays. However, he played the full 90 minutes in Thursday's League Cup game (alongside Kompany) so it's hard to tell if he'll play on Sunday alongside Laporte.

Nicolas Otamendi still has a minor niggle apparently, so he looks very doubtful, but is still a possibility according to Pep. So all things considered I think I'll stick with Shaw unless there's any further news.

So my line-up this week;

(Goalkeeper - Dubravka)

I not expecting a Newcastle clean sheet in their game against Watford, however I wouldn't be too surprised if they keep one, so I feel quite happy with Dubravka between the sticks.

(Defence - Robertson, Alonso, David Luiz, Luke Shaw)

I'm likewise reasonably happy with my defensive four, though all the respective games are a little bit tricky. Even Chelsea's home tie with Palace could prove a little more difficult than it looks on paper.

(Midfield - Gündogan, Sterling, Lucas Moura, Hazard)

With the midfield I'm just hoping for as many minutes as possible really. Sarri has today stated that Hazard will probably play only "40-45 minutes". Moura should start as he was rested midweek, likewise Sterling was also rested. As things stand I have Sterling as captain which feels like a huge gamble what with the rotation risk, however, with Hazard potentially just getting half a game against a competitive Palace side it feels like the better option.

(Attack - Firmino & Lacazette)

This is just a straight up single game shoot out. Hopefully at least one will score.

(Bench - Hennessey, Yedlin, Success, Guendouzi)

Guendouzi is suspended this GW, so hopefully he won't be needed. Yedlin is a nice option to come in if Gündogan misses, while I suspect Success will only bring me a single point off the bench this week. Plus, even if he starts Newcastle rarely concede a hatful of goals, so after last week's luck it would be a little greedy for me to be hoping for another goal ..also it would potentially ruin my Newcastle clean sheets.* So I'll happily take a blank for him this week :)

Good luck with your GW!

(GW11 teamsheet - click to enlarge)

*I've brought in Shaw - and I've moved Success up in my bench order having heard Deeney is likely to remain out injured. Hedging my bets a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment