Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 13 Review

Saint Sterling...

A very good or very bad week for me depending on how you look at it. Captaining Sterling got me a huge 32 points which helped me get a decent-ish total of 55. However, the rest of my team, with the exception of Robertson completely blanked. It feels like a good week though with Sterling's points haul, so I'll happily take the good luck I've had and look on the bright side :D

Gameweek Points: 55
Gameweek Rank: 1,988,194
Overall Rank: 179,558


(How it all went down GW13
- click to enlarge)

The Good and the Bad

Goods..
  • Sterling captain
  • Robertson yet again getting a clean sheet, plus a bonus point
I was also quite pleased with the single point I got from Success. It may not seem like a huge deal, but I brought him in specifically to be a bench player, and with Shaw out and Lucas Moura not playing I needed to dig into my reserves. So I feel confident going forward that I can keep Success in my squad with a fair degree of certainty that he'll continue to be involved in games each week. Guaranteeing me at least a point.

Bads..
  • Where do I start..
  • Moura not involved
  • Just a single point from each of my Chelsea players
  • New signing Jiménez just 2 points
  • New signing Agüero just 2 points
  • Just 5 points from my two Newcastle defensive players

I also missed out on Firmino's 12 points by removing him for Agüero 😫

In hindsight it was a mistake not waiting until this week to make that change, especially with the doubts over Agüero's away form, however I feel quite happy going into this week's games with him in my side so it's not too bad. Only time will tell if the switch pays off in the long term though. Having watched Sané get a huge score I'm also starting to wonder if I should've just left Firmino in my side and tripled up in midfield with City. It's never bad having Agüero in your team though.

Looking forward I think I might transfer Moura out for Son this week. I'm torn between him and Alli, however, the extra money saved by getting Son will allow me to upgrade David Luiz to Alderweireld the week after. So that's my plan at the moment.

There are a few injury scares at present though so that may scupper my plans. Hazard has an ankle injury and Gündogan has a slight foot injury so isn't travelling with the squad for their Champions League game today. Hopefully both will be fit for the weekend.

I'm actually thinking about selling Hazard soon given his string of injuries and lack of points in recent weeks. I'm in no rush though as Chelsea's next two games are pretty decent. It would free up a lot of cash if I did it, however it's Hazard and if he does hit form again we might see some big scores. That'll be a very difficult decision for me going forward.

One player I'm definitely not thinking about selling though is this guy...

(St. Raheem Sterling - 16 points GW13)


Top 5 Players I Don't Own That I Fear

1. Sané

Sané, along with Mahrez and Sterling all look like they're capable of getting huge scores every time they start a game. I'm very pleased to have Sterling, but the temptation to double up and get Sané (or Mahrez) as well is very appealing. Sané in particular looks like he could become an essential player to own. The weeks where Sterling is benched and Sané and Mahrez both start could really destroy me. Hopefully that won't happen too often.

2. Salah

I have to keep showing the respect to Salah after he scored yet again. It's becoming a bit repetitive talking about his pros and cons week in week out, so I'll keep it short and leave it at that this time.

3. Mahrez

He didn't start at the weekend, but again, as with Sané above it seems like City can score four or five every week, and whoever plays in those front three positions could potentially get a mega score. It's very tempting to double up. Especially now it seems that Gündogan once again has injury doubts.

4. Kane

Kane continues to look good and he bagged a nice goal against Chelsea. Again, like with Salah, there's the price issue, but he could definitely punish people who don't own him over the Christmas period.

5. Aubameyang

Aubameyang grabbed another goal. I just can't imagine he's going to stop scoring anytime soon. Squeezing him in my side would be near impossible, so I'm just hoping he doesn't score too big going forward.

Also, as a final mention. Another player I'm really looking at, but just as a bench option, is Philip Billing. Every time I've watched him play he looks like the type of player that can influence a game. He's big, good on the ball, can pick a pass and gets the odd shot away. I think he's slipped under the radar a little bit because he generally gets just one or two points per game. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he starts picking up a few more points. Especially as Huddersfield have some decent games going forward.

At £4.5m he'd be a great bench player. I'd love to have a spare transfer to switch him with Guendouzi - who seems to be a one-point-a-game man. Perhaps in a few weeks time I'll find a spare "luxury" transfer to use to make the change.

Overall Points: 775
Overall Rank: 179,558

No comments:

Post a Comment