Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Fantasy Premier League: GW27 Review / GW28 Preview

I've pulled the trigger. Last night I switched out Rashford and Trippier for Pereira and Vardy. Hopefully, with Leicester's manager sacking, it'll pay off. As for GW27 it was pretty decent all things considered. 38 points being just above the average.

Gameweek Points: 38
Gameweek Rank: 2,457,445
Overall Rank: 96,451
(click to enlarge)

I ended up with just eight players involved this week. After the first three games I'd picked up just 3 points from four players, so I was fearing the worst. Fortunately things got a little better in the later games. Plus Salah blanked again, saving me from what would've been a disaster. So all in all 38 points was quite welcome. Three above the average, and just a small rank drop of about 4k - meaning I'm still in the top 100k 😎 ..just.

I'm also feeling a little more confident about my chip strategy. I was a little disappointed that my original plan to free hit in GW31 was thrown off the rails. However, I've now come round to the idea of free hitting in GW32, and to be honest it looks much, much more sensible. Although perhaps a little dull given everyone else will be going that way. Hopefully, with a minus 4, I'll be able to field ten players in GW31, then possibly have eleven or twelve available for GW33. So not as bad as I feared.

(How I'm lining up for GW28)

I've got Pogba captain again this week. It's not a great fixture Crystal Palace away, but he'll definitely play and he's in form so he feels like the logical choice. I'd love to captain Sterling, but with him playing 120 minutes in the cup final, and with Fernandinho out, it's a risk that's just too big.

Once again, the big worry is not having Salah. Liverpool at home to Watford is a great fixture. Last season he scored four in the tie! Surely Liverpool are far too under par for that to happen this time, but a few goals is highly possible. Another blank would be great for me though, so hopefully Liverpool will continue to look lacklustre going forward. The likely absence of Firmino may also add to this.

Normally, for some unknown reason, I don't seem to do too well when it comes to the midweek fixtures. I'm sure it's just a consequence of luck, or perhaps that's not the case at all and I just have a recent bad gameweek lingering in the memory. Either way, I'm feeling slightly less optimistic than is usual for me. Hopefully that sense of foreboding is unfounded.

Overall Points: 1,605
Overall Rank: 96,451

No comments:

Post a Comment