Tuesday, February 12, 2019

GW26 Review - 80 Points!

Another very decent gameweek. It all seems to be going right at the moment. Hope it continues.

Gameweek Points: 80
Gameweek Rank: 486,825
Overall Rank: 92,117
(click to enlarge)

Captaining Pogba was the big success. I guess in hindsight I could've went with Sterling again, but I would never have guessed he'd get such a big points tally against Chelsea. Apart from those two it was fairly average though. So it feels like a slightly lucky week for me.

I'm actually really tempted to captain Pogba against Liverpool next gameweek now. His form is sensational. I kinda hope that everyone else keeps sticking with Salah as captain. He got a goal against Bournemouth and still looks very capable of punishing people like myself that are risking it without him. However, over the last few weeks not owning him has been a huge differential for me. I can really climb the rankings if that keeps working out.

Looking into next week my team's looking very light indeed. With three none-players on the bench and Isaac Success still flagged (although it's said he should be approaching fitness by the time the gameweek comes round). He only makes fleeting appearances from the bench anyway though. So not a great option fit or unfit.

(GW27 team - as it stands)


We still have FA Cup games at the weekend plus Champions League in the midweeks before GW27. So there's a nice decent sized break before any decisions need to be made. Plus hopefully a lot of new information regarding the blank and double gameweeks before then.

All the transfers between now and those double and blanks will be quite valuable. So risking or wasting them to make minor or hopeful moves seems a bit unwise. Then again, obsession with the blanks and doubles may lead to a situation where the rest of the remaining games get undervalued. So it's a little tricky making plans.

The options I'm considering for the upcoming week are either;

 - leave it as is and hope for the best

 - change Success for another bargain basement striker more likely to get game time

 - change David Luiz for a Newcastle or Arsenal defender*

The benefit to just leaving it is that I save a transfer. However, as a plan for GW27 it's mildly optimistic to say the least. By changing Success it would give me a little more leeway in regard the gameweek, but it would waste a transfer, and still leave me with no bench whatsoever. The third option feels much more attractive. However, it would mean using another transfer to bring David Luiz back in a few weeks down the line.

Chelsea do play Spurs in GW28 though. So it would perhaps be good to be without Luiz for that one. As I'm already a little over-exposed in that game. Having Son, Trippier, Alderweireld and Hazard as well. In fact, if I removed Luiz this week I could then remove either Trippier or Alderweireld the next. Setting me up for that gameweek in a much more balanced way. If I then bring back Luiz the week after though it'll mean I've used three precious transfers just moving defenders around.

Decisions, decisions.

Hopefully after the FA Cup games the blank and double gameweeks will be a little clearer and I'll be able to plan a little better.

////

Both Newcastle and Arsenal have decent games in gameweeks 27 and 28. In fact, the Newcastle v Huddersfield game looks like it has huge potential for a Newcastle clean sheet. They then have Burnley at home in GW28. I already have the now mistake-prone Dubravka though. So doubling down would be very risky. Also very tempting though.

Overall Points: 1,567
Overall Rank: 92,117

No comments:

Post a Comment