Friday, February 8, 2019

Liverpool Assets - Yes or No ?

GW26 is another gameweek where I'm living in fear of Liverpool assets - particularly Salah. Over the last two gameweeks it's being pretty plain sailing, with Salah blanking in both Liverpool games. Plus Liverpool playing quite badly too. In fact, my single Liverpool player, Robertson, has actually been a drain on my team over the last few weeks. Very unusual.

This week, with Liverpool at home to Bournemouth, it's more cause for fear though. Especially as Salah is likely to be highly captained. I think I'll captain Pogba. Another highly owned player. Hopefully he can continue his form, and Salah blanks yet again. That's not what I'm expecting though. Surely this is the perfect fixture for Liverpool to pick up their form. So it could be a difficult week for me 😬

After this week though I don't feel massively worried about my lack of Liverpool assets. The games between now and GW31 don't look especially great.

FPL aside what would worry me if I was a Liverpool fan is not so much their front three, but their periphery attacking options. In the poor performance against Southampton they brought on Lallana in a quest to find a winner. He's a good player, but he's not someone who terrifies the opposition. Nor does he get too many goals or assists.

Likewise in their poor display against West Ham they started Lallana. Then brought on Origi. Again, a decent player, but not someone you'd feel confident bringing on to change a game. The only peripheral player really capable of effecting a game is Shaqiri, and his form seems to have slipped a little as well. Both when coming off the bench and when he's started.

Liverpool's midfield additions of Keita and Fabinho haven't quite set the Premier League alight either. They've both looked good and have had decent first seasons, but there hasn't been too much end product from either. Personally I'm a huge fan of Henderson. I think his energy and will to win is massively important to the side. Normally what you'd associate with Liverpool under Klopp. It all looks a little flat and slow at the moment though.

Saying all this, Liverpool are still in a very nice position, and have had an incredible season. Plus, if we return to FPL, Salah is still by far the highest points scorer. So common sense says they're still a very good bet.

Either way though I'm continuing to back against them. As per my last post, I was thinking of loading up on Liverpool players in the weeks leading up to the blanks of GW31. However, now my plan has switched to free hitting in GW31 I'll be going with just Robertson for the next five gameweeks. It''ll be a huge differential over that period. Especially if people continue to captain Salah. So I really hope it pays off 🙏

My team for GW26;

(click to enlarge)

David Silva and Sané out. Pogba and Son in. Pogba captain.

I've changed my plans slightly. I was going to remove Luiz with next week's blank in mind. However, I'd rather not take him out just to bring him back a few weeks later. So I may attempt to bench him for GW27 along with Sterling and Hazard and just hope my other eleven all start. I may even bring in Crouch for Success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment