Friday, February 22, 2019

GW27 Preview ~~ #FPL

So, it seems a good while since the last gameweek. This one's a blank so I'll be going into it with a reduced side. Having David Luiz, Eden Hazard and Raheem Sterling all sat doing nothing (or rather, playing in the EFL Cup final) on my bench.

(My weakened GW27 team - click to enlarge)

(My strong, but rather useless bench)

I could've made a transfer to improve things a little, but have decided against it. My thinking being that it's probably better to save the transfer and start planning for the future gameweeks. So I'm just hoping everyone gets some game time.

I do have quite a complicated plan for the future double and blank gameweeks. I'm waiting for conformation of how GW32 will look first though before I set it into action.

My current plan goes something like this;

  • Set up my current side for GW32
  • Free Hit in GW31
  • Try to use my free transfers to plan for GW33

It's GW33 that's the tricky one. As my teams stands at the moment I'm set up quite nicely for GW32. I don't really have to do too much. That's assuming all the teams we think will get double games in GW32 do get double games. Free Hitting in GW31 is also nice and easy. However, setting my team for GW32 means getting a full team out for GW33 becomes a nightmare.

My complicated plan for saving GW33 is this;

  • GW28 - bring in an Arsenal defender for a Spurs defender, as Arsenal should have a double in 32, but also play in 33
  • GW29 - bring in Azpilicueta for my 2nd Spurs defender, as Chelsea likewise should have a double in 32, but play in 33
  • GW30 - this is the tricky one. Use my two free transfers to bring in players to sit on my bench in 32, but that play in 33. (I'll have to use both as Free Hitting in 31 means I'd lose the spare). The players I'd be taking out would be JimĂ©nez and Dubravka. I have no idea at this point who I'd be bringing in.
  • GW31 - Free Hit
  • GW32 - leave my team as it is and save the transfer. Hopefully I should be able to field eleven players that all play twice if my plans are correct.
  • GW33 - use the two free transfers, plus a possible -4, to get as many players as possible for 33.
  • (Then Wildcard in GW34, to Bench Boost in GW35).

If Watford lose their FA Cup tie with Crystal Palace, and therefore play in GW33, I could potentially end up with ten players playing. Or maybe eleven if I take a hit.

I hope that made sense to everyone :)

The reality is though, with injuries, suspensions and rotations, this will all be in vain. The best laid plans.. etc. Still, it's good to at least have some kind of plan. Plus by saving my transfer this week it at least gives me some more time to change tack.

FInally, returning to this week, I have Pogba captain. It was a toss up between him and Son, but I've went with Pogba. His form is incredible, plus he's a bit more nailed on to start. As for the rest of the team it's just a case of hoping people start. In the case of Success even a point off the bench would be something of a bonus.

It's kinda fun though going into this week with such a diminished set up to be honest. Even a small victory would be huge, and if it all goes wrong I can just write it off as a week that was always bound to be low scoring anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment