Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The World's Hottest Wildcard Team

First up, a quick review of GW33. I made a big boo-boo. About half an hour before the deadline I switched my captain from Hazard to Mané 😭 ..costing me 15 points. Normally I'm never too bothered about making mistakes, but this one niggled me quite a bit. I think it's because I made it in such a spur of the moment way. So it was a little bit of a window into the psychology of playing the game. Plus I think there's also an element that making the change publicly on this blog made it feel more embarrassing than it otherwise would've been. My ego!!!!


I made a few other mistakes this week too. I had Guaita sat on my bench with a huge 10 points. In comparison to Dubravka's measly 2. Likewise I brought in Kolasinac for Anderson, which cost me another point. However, these decisions, as per usual, didn't bother me in the slightest. Guaita versus Dubravka was a 50/50 call and I went with the home side. Kolasinac versus Anderson likewise was a toss up. So I'd probably make the same decisions again if I had the same choices this week.

Even if they were total gambles though, they still wouldn't have annoyed me like the Mané move annoyed me. I think because they were my considered choices. I think the emotional, panicky style of the Mané/Hazard switch was the real, deeper reason for my annoyance. Again, a real insight into the psychology of playing. Making last minute, near deadline decisions, definitely isn't my natural playing style.

However, saying all that, I still actually had a really decent week; 69 points. Very nice.

Gameweek Points: 69
Gameweek Rank: 309,533
Overall Rank: 31,375

GW34 ..WILDCARD

So, onto the wildcard. Three Brighton players, plus Camarasa from Cardiff. Who I plan to transfer out next week for Pogba. Pogba isn't playing great, but Man Utd have a double in GW35, then two superb looking final fixtures in the last few weeks. So I really want someone from Untied, and I still feel Pogba is the best option. Primarily because he seems the most guaranteed of a place.

I've went light up top and heavy in midfield, so in many ways I'm beginning to implement my philosophy for next season. Though I'll be starting next season heavy on defence at first, and only then transferring that into midfield as more information comes to light.

We still have European games this week, so the team below isn't quite set in stone as of yet. I'm pretty well nailed on with the general set up though ...I think. I'll post my final team on Friday.

(My wildcard side as it stands)

Overall Points: 1,991
Overall Rank: 31,375

No comments:

Post a Comment