Sunday, October 6, 2019

FPL: Gameweek 8 Review

Wow, what a truly brutal gameweek. I'm gonna keep this short, ..because it's just too depressing!

Gameweek Points: 30
Gameweek Rank: 5,078,730
Overall Rank: 975,010
(..don't look)

The average was only 36 points, so I suppose 30 isn't too bad. Still it's not brilliant though. I'm now just about hanging in there inside the top one million. Not where I want to be, but at least the situation isn't entirely irredeemable.

I knew the week was going to be bad when I got in the house on Saturday halfway through the Spurs game to see Lloris had went off injured. I think this is one of the main reasons the week feels so bad in fact. Normally when you have a bad gameweek you want to remedy the situation by doing some surgery. It always softens the blow when you can bring a nice fresh player into the team. However, I've known from the first game that I'll have to use that transfer to fix my goalkeeping situation. Not a fun transfer.

If Lloris is out for a huge chunk of time I think I'll just downgrade to Gazzaniga and save the £1m. If things are a bit more up in the air though I'll have to look elsewhere.

Also, this week I took Douglas Luiz out, only to see him come on to score a blistering goal for Villa ..and I replaced him with Jorginho - who came in to get a yellow card and one point, as he did in each of the first three gameweeks of the season when I owned him then 😅 To be fair I would've probably benched Luiz anyway, but still.

The good news is both Salah and De Bruyne should be fit for GW9. So that's a massive plus. My team actually isn't looking too bad if they return. Also, one positive this week was that PVA and Alonso both got returns. Both players are differential picks, so if it's just my well-owned players doing badly that bodes well.

Going forward I'd really like to switch Pukki to Abraham and Wickham to Brighton's Aaron Connolly, who had an amazing weekend. In hindsight I probably should've kept my wildcard. I don't think it's quite necessary to do a minus 4 just yet though.

I said I was gonna keep this short, but I've went on quite a bit. Though I guess it makes perfect sense that when things are going badly you have much more to talk about :)

Hopefully, next gameweek will go better. At least we have a nice break to mull things over.

Overall Points: 433
Overall Rank: 975,010

No comments:

Post a Comment