Friday, October 4, 2019

FPL: GW8 Preview.

Wow, injury city this week. De Bruyne definitely out, Cantwell with a yellow flag, and this all on top of the fact that I have a bench made up of Greenwood (never starts), Douglas Luiz (hasn't featured at all the last two games) and Connor Wickham (red flag/barely features anyway). So hard times.

It makes my single transfer very necessary.

I was tempted to switch De Bruyne to Mahrez, but with a bench so weak I'm in big trouble if he doesn't play. Plus with there being a break after this gameweek De Bruyne should be back by GW9 (hopefully!). So I'm probably best off keeping him.

I was well aware at the start of the season that De Bruyne is a player that does get injuries quite frequently. So I was always planning to move him out when that happened. However, he's been so good this season it's not as simple as that anymore.

Not moving him out now could be a mistake if this week isn't a one off. I think timing these things is sometimes essential if you're going to have a smooth season. Again though, I have so many issues this week that I'm probably justified in keeping him on my bench.

So what to do with the transfer. The other two obvious players to remove are Wickham and Douglas Luiz. However, though Wickham still has a red flag I have seen some web articles state that he's getting back to full fitness (the comment with the red flag only says "lack of match fitness"). So maybe he may make a surprise appearance on the Palace bench. I'd be very grateful for his usual point off the bench this week if he does come back. I might well need it.

Luiz has no flag at all, so he could feature again too. The problem is I'd like to bring someone in that's worth keeping in the long term. The only real replacement for Wickham this week would be his teammate Jordan Ayew, but that would mean tying up another 0.6m in my third striker. Something I'd rather not do. Plus there do seem to be a few other upcoming options in the 4.5m price bracket should I get another luxury transfer at some point (unlikely though that looks at the moment).

Aaron Connolly has had minutes in each of the last four gameweeks for Brighton, and Leon Clarke came on for Sheffield United last gameweek. I have no real idea who these players are, but it's always worth keeping an eye on these cheaper options. As a point off the bench is always a nice little bonus if you do need it one week. Martinelli also looked great for Arsenal last night, but sadly it's hard to imagine him getting many minutes in the Premier League.

Anyway, the options in midfield are much better for me, and to cut to the chase I'm going to bring back a player I had earlier in the season; Jorginho. I still think he looks great value and the Chelsea fixtures are nice. Unfortunately I missed out on the goal and two assists he notched up in gameweeks 4 to 7 - I took him out following gameweek 3 😣. He picked up three yellow cards and just one point each week in the weeks I had him lol. No doubt he'll return to his one point appearances now I'm bringing him back. Still though he's a nice player to own, and I can either have him starting or as my first substitute in the weeks to come. It'll definitely make me feel a bit more confident about my bench that's for sure.

(line up for GW8)

Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment