Friday, January 17, 2020

Fantasy Premier League: GW23 Preview

A nice easy one this week. I'm making no changes. Rolling that transfer.

I've benched Chilwell to play Cantwell at home to Bournemouth, but apart from that it's pretty much as is. I'm even keeping the armband on Sterling.

So unless there are any late injuries I'm all set to go.

(click to enlarge)

With three Liverpool I'm already pretty much set for next week too, so I'm thinking of bringing in Digne for Chilwell then. Partly to prepare for possible future blanks. I'm a little bit overexposed with both Leicester and Man City (both having a potential blank in GW28 if I'm following things correctly). So I need to start thinking four or five gameweeks ahead.

As for the Liverpool situation re next week's double gameweek it could really damage me. I'm guessing most players will have at least one of Mane or Salah, and will then be adding the triple captain to one too. So if either player goes wild I could lose a lot of ground. Alternatively though, if Liverpool just boss out a couple of 1-0 wins it'll work massively in my favour. So this plan is a very high gamble. I'm also probably going to triple captain Alexander-Arnold too. It seems like the most pragmatic thing to do given my current set up. He's certainly capable of getting a good points haul. Again though, it'll all be about the scoreline in the end. Low scoring/clean sheets good for me. High scoring/Liverpool on fire could be awful.

Should be fun though either way :)

Sky Sports Fantasy Football

As I don't have too much to post this week I may as well mention Sky Fantasy too. I've recently starting playing it again. I set up a team at the start of the season, but I didn't bother keeping up. Partly simply due to the fact that SkyBet kept asking me for I.D. and it seemed like too much of an annoyance, so I lost interest.

Anyway, I finally submitted some I.D. around Christmas, started playing Super 6 again, then, remembering the fantasy team I'd set up, had a little check on it. Glenn Murray up front, Wan-Bissaka captain lol. Surprisingly though I was around the 200,000 mark in the overall ranking, which isn't too bad I guess for a dead team. Mainly thanks to having De Bruyne and Van Dijk in there I think.

I still had all 40 transfers left too (7 of which I've since used). I have no idea how the game works really, or even how many people are actively playing it, but I'm going to continue playing 'til the end of the season. See how much I can climb. Then hopefully have a better idea of how the game works come next season. When I might play more seriously.

I may occasionally mention it on here going forward. For the record I'm currently at 186,915.

No comments:

Post a Comment