Thursday, January 30, 2020

FPL: GW24 Review

My big gamble paid off quite nicely this week. I can't gloat too much though as I clearly had a great deal of luck. What with Mane going off injured early in the first Liverpool game.

Gameweek Points: 95
Gameweek Rank: 73,508
Overall Rank: 237,674
(click to enlarge)

Returns in both games from TAA was great. Very happy with that :) - only Salah (and Henderson) did better for Liverpool over the gameweek. My two transfers also returned, with Digne getting an assist and Son getting a goal.

The 12 points from Pereira was nice, and Haller getting an assist was very, very lucky indeed. West Ham looked awful against Leicester. I'd be very fearful of relegation now if I was a West Ham fan.

With 95 points and Mane blanking I obviously got quite a large rank boost as well. Up from 530k to 240k (!)

My form has been great over the last six gameweeks. I just need to keep this up now.

(lots of green)

Going forward I need to change my keeper, what with Lloris coming back early. Then remove Haller - probably for either Ings or Jimenez.

The League Cup semi-finals also fell in my favour too this week. Had Leicester progressed to the final it would have meant that I'd have had 6 players blanking in GW28. As things stand I just have the 3 - De Bruyne, Mahrez and Martinelli.

My plan is now to switch keeper this gameweek, remove Haller GW26. Roll a transfer GW27. Then use my two transfers in GW28 to transfer out Mahrez and Martinelli. I'd ideally like to bring Vardy in for that week. They have Norwich then Villa, but I haven't quite worked out if I'll have the funds.

As for keeper I think I'll probably bring in Dubravka. Sheff Utd's Henderson would've been the ideal choice, but they now blank in GW28. Again though, this has kinda fallen in my favour as Sheff Utd defensive options are quite highly owned. So the GW28 blank will steal a few transfers from my rivals 😈

Overall Points: 1362
Overall Rank: 237,674

No comments:

Post a Comment