Friday, January 31, 2020

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 25 Preview

A quick preview. One transfer - Dubravka in, Gazzaniga out.

(click to enlarge)

I don't quite have an obvious captain this week so I'm sticking with Trent Alexander-Arnold. Maybe I'm pushing my luck a bit hoping this will pay off again, but he seems like the best pick given my options. (I suspect the Spurs vs Man City game will be a tight Mourinho affair.)

I'm actually quite looking forward to this weekend's football. The double gameweek was surprisingly stressful - even though I did quite well in it. It's difficult to just enjoy a game with the triple captain in play. I'm sure we all overemphasise its important. After all, it is just 10 or 15 points extra even if you get it right. Feels like a big deal though.

Also, today I looked back at where I was this time last season. I'm actually a little bit ahead - I was around 250k this time last year (I'm currently 238k). However, the first double gameweek that time was GW25. I triple captained Sterling and he earned me 33 points. I finished the gameweek with 108, and that took me all the way up to 121k by the end of the week. It's quite unlikely I'll be that high up by the end of GW25 this time out. So perhaps I'm actually behind where I was last season in a weird kind of way.

Another green arrow would be very welcome though either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment