Friday, July 10, 2020

FPL: GW34+ Review

I finished 7 points above the average this week, but it still resulted in a big red arrow. In my last post I was talking about rank expectations. I think now my aim firmly has to be top 100k. It's clearly a bit mental talking about anything higher than that at this point. Anyways..

Gameweek Points: 66
Gameweek Rank: 2,700,195
Overall Rank: 144,653
(not too bad ..but no Salah)

As for GW35+ I won't be sharing my finalised team in this post. I have two free transfers so I'm currently planning quite a risky move. I'm going to wait 'til later tonight, or maybe even tomorrow to hit the button though, just in case there's any further team news.

My plan is:

De Bruyne out - Sterling in.

(I'll also have to downgrade Jonny (possibly to Cresswell) just to gouge out the extra cash needed.)

Obviously this would be risky. De Bruyne is the highest scoring player in the game this season (along with Salah after his brace this week). So it feels counter-intuitive. However, De Bruyne played the full 90 minutes on Wednesday, and he seemed to pick up a little knock too towards the end. So a benching wouldn't be a surprise. Whereas Sterling seems to be due a start.

Of course, it's always dangerous second guessing Guardiola. I have two free transfers to burn though, and a lot of ground to make up, so it might be time to roll the dice. The question then comes do I captain Sterling too. Or do I stick with the safer Fernandes?

I think I'll make that decision tomorrow morning, though it's highly likely I'll stick with Fernandes. Right now however I'm going to spend some time searching around to see if I can find someone better than Cresswell.

Overall Points: 2011
Overall Rank: 144,653

No comments:

Post a Comment