Tuesday, July 7, 2020

GW34+ Preview / GW33+ Review

Okay let's keep this simple. GW34+. Not much time. Same team. No transfers. De Bruyne captain.

As for GW33+ it was another nice week.

Gameweek Points: 72
Gameweek Rank: 682,774
Overall Rank: 120,808
(click to enlarge)

Final Rank??

With just five weeks left I'm now wondering what my aim should be for overall rank. Normally my aim is just to get as high as possible. I'm always optimistic so the sky's the limit usually. However, with not much time left I'm now thinking I should reign my hopes in a little bit.

I'm currently 120k, so given my season so far I should really be very pleased with anything inside the top 100k. However, I want more. Ideally I'd like to beat the old PB. Which was last season's 30k. Failing that I'd quite like to get another top 50k finish. At this point last season though I was already around 30k. So getting anywhere near that from 120k now seems nigh on impossible.

I was going to check to see how many points I am off the top 50k, but as the FPL site is now offline due to the gameweek just starting I'll have to wait.

Come to think of it I might do a little graph. Plotting this season and last. That might give me something to do while I wait. Nice and geeky.

A long time later...

I've done a graph. It took me a lot longer than I anticipated.



Not the most professional looking graph, but it nevertheless highlights the difference between this season and last. It's pretty clear from the image that this year's start has badly let me down. The climb back up the ranks is quite impressive though - if I do say so myself :)

Some of the ranks earlier in the season went well over the one million mark, but I couldn't plot those accurately without completely skewing the way the graph looked. So they're beyond an event horizon. (Also I didn't have the data for the first three weeks of last season, so that year has to start at GW4).

Finally, since the FPL website is now live again I can check the rankings. My friend is currently inside the top 40k, and he's about 50 points ahead of me. So I'd have to claw back about 10 points a week on average to make up that difference. It's certainly doable. 50 points isn't an outlandish number, but it would certainly be a very big ask. Looking at the above graph though I should perhaps just be grateful that I've made up so much ground already.

Plus if I'm not careful it could start going the other way 😬

Overall Points: 1945
Overall Rank: 120,808

No comments:

Post a Comment