Friday, October 16, 2020

Back in the Saddle

Feels like a long time since the last post. Anyone visiting might have wondered if I'd quit after last week's disaster.

..but no, I'm back. Tentatively.

De Bruyne red-flagged so that's the obvious player to lose. I'm just bringing Son back in to replace him. It seems the sensible move. Aubameyang also has a flag, but I think he'll play, so hopefully my first eleven should be fine.

If it's not I'm a bit worried about my bench. Harrison Reed out, Ben Johnson highly unlikely to be featuring, and Mitchell now becoming a slight doubt as Palace players return to fitness. I was briefly considering another minus 4 to upgrade a bit, but there's little point when I'm happy with the first eleven.

(The Return of the Son)

The Liverpool back three is a worry too after last week lmao, but I'm going to stick with the plan for the time being.

My biggest worry is not so much the defenders, but the fact that no one seems to be matching Salah in that 11.5/12m bracket. My thinking at the start of the season was that the Liverpool defenders would be consistently great options, and that I could then cover Salah with players such as De Bruyne, Sterling, Fernandes and Aubameyang.

However, that clearly hasn't happened so far, and Salah looks like he'll finish the season head and shoulders above those four at the moment. So a Van Dijk to Salah switch now has to be in my thinking going forward. I could even wildcard to do it.

I'm going to hold my nerve and leave things a few more gameweeks though. After all, it is still fairly early in this very strange season.

I'm going to captain Son too. JimĂ©nez was a tempting option, but I'm worried Wolves will be a little flat. Even though that does look like a good fixture against Leeds.

Finally, I brought the graph back from last season. So I can chart my progress this time out too.

(click to enlarge)

I'm currently off the chart ..by quite some distance. Not where I want to be.

I really need to get back within that top 1m ASAP !

No comments:

Post a Comment