Friday, October 2, 2020

First Minus 4 of the Season

I haven't quite made my transfers yet - yes, that's transfers, plural. I'm taking a minus 4. I haven't pressed the button yet, but I'll be doing that when I've finished this short article. Perhaps typing things out may solidify my thoughts a little. I've been umming and ahing over it since about 4 o'clock this afternoon, so I could do with making my mind up and getting it put to bed.

My original plan was to just do Son to Mahrez.

However, when I was playing around earlier the opportunity to do Son to Foden and Mitrović to Jiménez presented itself. I normally recoil at the thought of a minus 4, but the next few games for Jiménez look great (Fulham, Leeds, then Newcastle). So there should be a very decent chance of him earning back that 4 point hit.

Also Foden has been excluded from the England squad, so I'm thinking that that could potentially make him a bit more likely to play the City games sandwiching the international break. Likewise there'll be less opportunity to pick up an injury.

So I'm liking the look of these changes. Still though it feels risky taking a hit before an international break. If either player gets injured in the next two weeks (or leaves in the case of Jiménez) then it all essentially becomes a one week punt, and I'm left hoping that Foden and Jiménez outscore Mahrez and Mitrović by more than 4 points.

I'd feel more confident having Mahrez for tomorrow's Leeds game, and Mitrović is always capable of grabbing something. Plus Wolves were poor against West Ham. So it's definitely a gamble.

As for the rest of my team I have De Bruyne captain (I'm really looking forward to the Leeds v City game 😃 hopefully it doesn't disappoint). Aubameyang still being in my side almost feels like a huge bonus at this point, and the Liverpool game looks very nice for my defence.

(..made my moves)

Hopefully it all works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment