Wednesday, October 28, 2020

(GW6 Review) Decent week all things considered..

Some much for the pro-gamer move, TAA blanked. Likewise my transfer of Digne also backfired, with him getting sent off in the second half. These two disasters aside though it actually wasn't too bad.

Gameweek Points: 57
Gameweek Rank: 1,787,054
Overall Rank: 2,420,880

The obvious plus was Bamford. Even just aside from FPL it was great to see him get his goals. I watched and admired Bamford a lot in the Championship for Boro, so to see his talent finally blossom in the Premier League was nice. It was a beautiful hat-trick, especially the third goal. Bergkamp-esq. Very clever, underrated player. I really hope it continues, and not just for FPL's sake.

After that it was Son, Jiménez, Foden and McCarthy that returned for me. So all in all I got a decent rank boost. Up from 2.8 to 2.4 million. Still a good way to go, but I'm on the right track.

Wildcard Active

I've also smashed the wildcard button this week. The three big annoyances were Digne, Traoré and Aubameyang.

Traoré isn't starting and it just isn't happening for Aubameyang. So they need to go. I was considering the idea of just gradually moving towards my ideal team, perhaps with a minus four this week, but I can't quite get that plan to work. Particularly regarding the fixtures.

I also fear I'll end up on the back foot if I don't wildcard now. It's all well and good planning the next three or four transfers, but if I get another red card or injury this week then all that goes out the window. So though it's just three players that are the main issue wildcarding will also help me to get firmly on the front foot.

This is how it's looking at the moment.


Fernandes and Salah feels like a huge improvement on Traoré and Aubameyang. I've also brought in Coufal and Kilman at the back. I really like the look of Coufal. It's early days, but he looks attacking. Plus the West Ham fixtures are beginning to get better.

Kilman of course is just the obvious cheap way into the Wolves defence. It feels like a no-brainer. So hopefully he'll keep starting.

I'm also currently keeping Mitchell. It's likely he'll lose his place soon, but he has been playing and has played well, so you never know.  Either way he'll probably just be taking up the last slot on my bench most weeks anyhow.

The big omission is Calvert-Lewin. I've even ditched the value I had tied up in him. Which may come back to haunt me if I have a change of heart this week. However, Everton just didn't look the same at the weekend. They really missed Richarlison, and I felt Sigurdsson just got in the way of James.

So with Digne now out and James an injury doubt I feel it's time to get off. In spite of the fixtures. Conceivably I could bring Calvert-Lewin back for Fulham in GW9, but I think for the next few games I prefer the Southampton pair.

I can also easily switch Ings back to Jiménez going forward. Likewise Adams could become Antonio next week when West Ham face Fulham ..if he's fit. So plenty of options.

The other big decision was Kane. I'd like to say it's the fixtures that have made me just stick with the one Spurs player, but the reality is it's just not my style of play to spend that much cash on forwards. I like the cheaper attacking options, and I'm still clinging to the idea that the big midfielders will eventually come out on top.

Perhaps that attitude will shift in the next few days though. Either way I'll share my final team on Friday.

Overall Points: 314
Overall Rank: 2,420,880

//////

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Also on a final note, returning to the TAA captain choice. Having watched the highlights of that game I don't think it was too bad a decision. Obviously it has to go down as a fail, but he nearly had an assist with Salah's offside goal. He had a freekick from the halfway line pushed over the bar! (I'd have been pretty, pretty smug had that have went in), and of course, a clean sheet against Sheff Utd was never impossible. So it wasn't that much of a miss.

I see a lot of people selling Trent (tbf defensively they are looking wrecked with injuries), but I remain very optimistic owning him. He's super-attacking and it is Liverpool after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment