Friday, December 21, 2018

Fantasy Premier League: GW18 Preview

I'm fairly happy with my set up this week, so no transfer. I've got some transfer plans going forward, but I've reached a point where I'm really taking a much more relaxed and hands off attitude to things.

I'm actually starting Guendouzi this week, which feels like a bit of a weakness, but Burnley at home is a decent game if he starts. Plus with Guendouzi playing alongside Torreira he seems to have a lot more freedom.

With the rest of my team it's really just a case of hoping everyone starts. If SterlingGündogan and Son all start I should have a decent week. My bench isn't great though, so if they don't it could be horrendous. I'm hoping Luke Shaw makes a return this week, but I'm not hugely optimistic, so that'll be a little bonus if he does. I'll probably move him on next week. My current plan being to drop Alonso for Luiz and then upgrade Shaw to van Dijk. As ever though things can change pretty quickly, so that's something I'll think about more next week.

I'll also have to have a plan for moving Son out in January when he goes to the Asian Cup, so I'll probably use that opportunity to bring in Sané. I may have to downgrade Aubameyang though to find the extra money to make that happen.

My captain for this week will be Sterling, with Hazard vice. Along with Salah they're the two highest points scorers in FPL, so I'll just be whacking the armband of them for the foreseeable future. I think Sterling is the best option, mainly because of the runs he makes into the six yard box. This is why he so often finds himself getting tap-ins ..or playing the last little square pass across the six yard box so someone else can get a tap-in.

(GW18 line-up - click to enlarge)

I'm loving the frequency of games at the moment, so it'd be nice if I can have a good run to make it even more enjoyable. I've been doing okay recently, but it's been a while since I've had a really big gameweek score. Perhaps this is now the time.

I've also just had a quick look at the team I'm playing in the cup, and it seems to be a "dead team". So hopefully I won't lose that one. They've got three players (Arnautovic, Holding and Mendy) that are definitely out injured, so unless the manager resurrects his or her interest and makes some transfers I should have a bit of a head start 🏆 ..be embarrassing if they knock me out though 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment