Friday, December 28, 2018

FPL GW19 Review: The Template Strikes Back

I got 61 points this week, which normally wouldn't be too bad. However, a lot of the "template" players did rather well, so many of the people around or above me have done a lot better. Meaning I've dropped about 45K places 😮 Felipe Anderson got 15 points, Lucas Digne got a huge 17, and Richarlison got a less impressive, but still helpful 5. On top of this both Salah and Kane, the go-to captains for many people, also brought in the points. Leaving my team struggling to catch up.

Gameweek Points: 61
Gameweek Rank: 2,853,564
Overall Rank: 184,412
(click to enlarge)

On top of all this I also got my captain wrong again. I stuck with Sterling and he blanked for the second time in a row. I'm actually going to stick with Sterling for GW20, a big gamble, but ignoring the recent form he still looks the best option for me. Surely City will turn things around against Southampton!

Fortunately I won my cup game, thanks to my opponent taking a 12 point hit. In fact, my gameweek wasn't at all too bad all things considered. Hazard and Son brought in quite a lot of points for me. Aubameyang scored, and Robertson and Alderweireld both grabbed a clean sheet.

I was also a little unlucky that Trippier, who I brought in, didn't start. Though it should mean he'll be good for this weeks tie against Wolves. At one point I also thought I was on for a Luke Shaw clean sheet - that would've been a Christmas miracle. However, Huddersfield scuppered that with their second half consolation goal.

I think I'll just roll my transfer this week. I'm fairly happy with my team at the moment. Next week, if Hennessey remains out I'll bring in Guaita, as Newcastle's fixtures start getting tougher. So I really could do with having a Palace keeper back as an option. I also have to bear in mind that I'll need a transfer to remove Son when he goes to the Asian Cup. Pogba smashed it this week, so I'm already missing out on the Solskjær bounce. Anderson and Richarlison are also possibilities though, so I'll worry about who to bring in closer to the date.

(How I'm lining up
for GW20)


Overall Points: 1,118
Overall Rank: 184,412

No comments:

Post a Comment