Monday, December 24, 2018

FPL: GW18 Review

What sort of loser spends Christmas Eve writing a blog post about fantasy premier league? Er, me ..and if I'm such a loser how come I got 65 points in FPL this week? And won my cup game! Merry Christmas is you're reading this, 🎅 hopefully FPL isn't ruining your Christmas so far either :)

Gameweek Points: 65
Gameweek Rank: 1,546,382
Overall Rank: 139,801

(click to enlarge)

So the good points;
  • 6 points for Dubravka
  • 6 for Robertson
  • A goal from Gündogan
  • 21 points from Son!
  • ..and 13 from Aubameyang

The bad;
  • Just 4 points from my captain Sterling
  • Hazard and Alonso just picked up 2 points apiece

If I'd have got my captain right I'd have had a really nice week. I can't complain though. Getting 21 points from Son is pretty unbelievable. It also rescued my cup game. Going into the Spurs match I was 12 points behind the team I was up against - a "dead team" with Salah captain and van Dijk (who scored) in defence. So Son's performance turned that right around.

(Son-ta Claus)

Looking forward to the Boxing Day fixtures I have a few transfers planned. Alonso to David Luiz, then Yedlin to either Trippier or Ben Davies. I'm a little undecided who to go for yet. Trippier seems like the smart move, but my gut says Davies. If I want Trippier though I might have to get a move on as I have just enough cash and wouldn't be surprised to see an Alonso price drop sometime soon.

Another bonus looks to be Luke Shaw. He played in Manchester United's demolition of Cardiff, and if things continue like that it might be well worth keeping hold of him. In fact, he'll be in my starting line-up for the game against Huddersfield. I may even go five at the back with my new signings. I'll post my team for GW19 below in a few days time, as it seems a little silly to do another whole post so soon after this one.

(My line-up for GW19)


The Top Five Players I Don't Own That I Fear

I haven't done this for a while so it's a bit of an update. It's amazing how quickly things can change over a few gameweeks.

1. Salah

Salah straight back to the top of the list. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to have to eat my words a little with Salah. I wrote him off as over-valued at the start of the season, however, he has been very consistent and is starting to look like he could end up being the top points scorer in FPL once again. Maybe I'm going to have to start considering him for the New Year's wildcard.

2. Kane

Kane is also looking good. I've always had a similar opinion of Kane, so I'm in no way surprised by how well he's doing. I'm just hoping Aubameyang will continue to keep pace with him. This week's game looks very, very nice for Kane though.

3. Sané

The Sané fear has dropped a little since the last time I did this list. So for the time being I'm reasonably happy just having Sterling, supplemented by Gündogan for City cover. With City I'm a little bit worried that the absence of David Silva and Fernandinho diminishes their potential for goals. I'm planning on captaining Sterling this gameweek, but I'm a little less confident after watching the defeat to Crystal Palace. Saying that though either Sané or Sterling could easily get a huge points haul if they start.

4. Richarlison

Even in Everton's defeat to Spurs Richarlison still managed to pick up 5 points. He's so well owned that every time he scores I feel like it's really going to hit my team rank. West Ham's Anderson is another player that I could put in this bracket, though perhaps to a slightly lesser extent.

5. Pogba

Watching Pogba play against Cardiff highlighted his potential. If the reins are now off and he plays like this going forward he could be a great player to own. There are a lot of potential goal scorers in the United team, but whoever scores it's likely that Pogba will be assisting. Plus he can score himself of course. I may bring him in to replace Son when he goes to the Asian Cup, however, by then I may have missed the boat.

Overall Points: 1,057
Overall Rank: 139,801

No comments:

Post a Comment