Thursday, December 6, 2018

FPL: Gameweek 15 Review

Brutal gameweek. Just 35 points 😓 ..sad times.

Gameweek Points: 35
Gameweek Rank: 4,658,916
Overall Rank: 195,678

(Don't look! bad players)

The gameweek average was 45 points. Actually, sad faces aside, it wasn't too bad for me all things considered. It could've been a lot worse. Plus, with the exception of the Luke Shaw move, which I'd been regretting previously anyway, there aren't any players that I feel especially rueful of owning. So it's not like it's one of those weeks where I feel the need to rip up my team and start again.

Along with Shaw - Robertson, David Luiz and Sterling were all benched. Meaning four zeroes from the get-go. On top of that GĂŒndogan came on for just 17 minutes, gaining just 1 point, and the usually reliable Alonso played, but earned me another zero. Making it five in total.

Hennessey got me just the 1 point. Making a mockery of my previous post about goalkeeper success.

On the brighter side though Son and JimĂ©nez both scored, and Hazard - my vice-captain - got an assist. So they lifted my gameweek out of the doldrums somewhat.

I was also quite pleased with my bench. I only got 5 points in total from my three bench players, however, they were very precious points this week. So it shows the value of having three bench players who get game time.

Going forward my plans remain pretty much the same. At some point I plan to bring in SanĂ© for Hazard. I'm really not sure what's happening with Chelsea at the moment. They looked so vibrant earlier in the season, but now they look like they've returned to the more plodding style that was usual under Conte last season. My reason for bringing in Hazard early in the season was not just his performances, but the whole team performances under Sarri.

Hazard, playing in that "Sarri-ball" style of play looked like the perfect combination. Now Chelsea seem to have hit the wall he doesn't quite look the same value. Still though, his two assists in the last two gameweeks have been valuable to me. So there's no rush to make the transfer just yet, though Sané obviously looks much better value at the moment.

Perhaps Chelsea will find some verve again soon. It's maybe a bit unfair to judge them so harshly given that they've actually had a fairly decent season so far.

GW16..

This week I'll be bringing in Alexander-Arnold. Either for Luke Shaw or David Luiz - depending on Shaw's fitness. I definitely don't need two Chelsea defenders at the moment, but the Shaw injury may end up being the more pressing issue. I'm also thinking of tripling up on Liverpool in defence going forward! Perhaps adding van Dijk as well. That would feel like a very unorthodox thing to do, but man for man the Liverpool defenders just look like great options. So does it matter if they all play for the same team? I'm also looking at Spurs defenders, but it's so hard to predict their back line. I'm still considering Alderweireld, but I'm unsure.

Three Liverpool and three Man City players seems like a good recipe in general, but with having three City attackers it makes it difficult to accommodate the Liverpool attacking options. So perhaps the defenders are simply the best value Liverpool players to have. Just one more might be enough this week though :)

I'll do a short, quick post highlighting my team for GW16 tomorrow.


The Top Five Players I Don't Own That I Fear

1. Kane

People with Kane captained cleaned-up yesterday. So the difference between not having him and having him was huge. If that continues it'll be pretty bad.

2. SanĂ©

Again, whoever plays for City in those positions looks set to get decent/huge points hauls every week.

3. Mahrez

I think Mahrez is actually up there with SanĂ© in this regard. Someone will get all three players and clean up every week the way things are going. Though things do change pretty quickly in football, so it would be a brave decision.

4. Richarlison

Richarlison continues to look good value, and when he scores, as he did last night it really feels like everyone else who owns him is getting a head start on me.

5. Wilson

It seems weird talking about fearing not owning a Bournemouth player, but his goal scoring exploits this season have been supremely impressive. I keep just assuming his form will drop sooner or later, but perhaps this could just be his season.

Also, I've left Salah out the list this week. Mainly because other people are starting to ditch him. So he seems less of a threat. However, he got an assist last night off the bench and is showing a remarkable level of consistency in the points department. Even if his performances aren't especially great on the eye. Firmino also scored again last night. Making it two goals in three games since I took him out - which has cost me. I should've shown more patience!

AgĂŒero is also missing from the list, though that's mainly due to the fact that he's missed the last two games with injury. It's interesting seeing how quickly he has fell out of fashion with FPL managers. He's definitely someone who could come back to haunt a lot of people who have now removed him, including myself.

Finally, I should mention that I picked out Philip Billing as a good potential bench option a few posts back. However, he's now suspended for the next game, so I dodged a bullet there. A warning to anyone reading this not to take my advice. I really feel I need to find a 5th midfielder with better potential than Guendouzi off the bench, however it's hard finding the right player. Guendouzi actually played well yesterday, but goals and assists look unlikely, even if he manages to get more starts. Billing is still on my list of potentials though once he returns.

Overall Points: 879
Overal Rank: 195,678

No comments:

Post a Comment