Tuesday, December 18, 2018

FPL: GW17 Review

Pretty tidy week for me. 61 points. Won my cup game too (61 - 54) which is always nice. For some reason going head-to-head with some total randomer adds a little extra spice to a gameweek. Hopefully that'll continue.

Gameweek Points: 61
Gameweek Rank: 442,624
Overall Rank: 173,687

(click to enlarge)

The Good:
  • Dubravka 9 points
  • New signing Alderweireld, 9 points
  • Sterling, my captain, came off the bench and grabbed a goal
  • Hazard 13 points
  • Jiménez 9 points
The Bad
  • Robertson just a 2
  • Alonso just a 1
  • Gündogan and Son just a 2 and a 1
  • Likewise Aubameyang and Success

In fact, I missed a trick by starting Success and not Guendouzi. Success should always be my third bench option really, injuries aside. Whereas Guendouzi seems to be starting for Arsenal, so there's a bit more potential there.

Alonso is also a tiny bit of a worry. His ink seems a little dry at the moment. It's not a major concern, but David Luiz looks like more value currently. It does mean that there's an extra £1m in the bank to spend if I need it elsewhere though :)

I'm also not totally sure that Aubameyang is providing decent value for money. A cheaper striker, perhaps even Firmino back, would make more sense. However, it creates the problem of not having good Arsenal cover. He definitely still seems like the best Arsenal option at the moment, so maybe that alone justifies the extra cash.

Another minor headache comes with Hennessey's injury. He missed out, with Guaita taking his place. I actually watched Guaita play earlier in the season when we (Middlesbrough) beat Palace in the League Cup. He looked quite nervy, especially with his kicking. Though to be fair he was playing in quite a weakened side and the whole team looked poor. Not too sure what I'll do if Hennessey loses his place going forward. It's not a pressing issue though with Dubravka still looking quite good.

The sacking of Mourinho today also makes things a little interesting. Will Man Utd start brightening up a bit now? I'm looking to get rid of Luke Shaw, but perhaps it may be worth keeping hold for a few more weeks. Even a new manager can't magic away injuries though, so perhaps I should just continue with the plan I had.

Overall, I'm fairly pleased with my team. It feels quite balanced. My big worry is not having Sané. The Sané + Sterling combo looks like it could be very, very effective. It would mean making major changes to get him in though. I think I'll probably just wait it out while Spurs have good fixtures and then look at upgrading Son to Sané at some point down the line. As ever though it's difficult making plans so far in future as things change so quickly.

Overall Points: 992
Overall Rank: 173,687

No comments:

Post a Comment