Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Fantasy Premier League. It Begins :D

Think I'm just about set for Gameweek 1 now.

(I'm ready for GW1
..94% battery and everything)

I'm still worried about my bench, but apart from that I'm fairly happy overall.

I'm going with Newcastle's Joelinton in the lone forward position. I'm most definitely sticking with my policy of spending as little as possible up front. So I'm hopeful that Joelinton will be my route into doing that without it causing me too much damage. Given how much Newcastle have spent on him and their general lack of centre forwards he pretty much has to play every game - hopefully most minutes of every game too. This is my main requirement really given how little I'm spending, so if he can get a few goals as well over the next few weeks that would be a huge, huge bonus.

I also now have Jorginho instead of Kanté. This is mainly because Kanté picked up an injury. He should be back I think, but I've switched to Jorginho anyway. He seems pretty much nailed on by the sounds of it. From what I've heard it seems Chelsea will be going something like a 4-2-3-1 formation. With Kanté plus Jorginho as the two. Hopefully this will be the case as at 5m I think Jorginho is great value.

A lot of people are a bit down on Chelsea, but this is a team that finished 3rd in the Premier League last year and won the Europa League. Sure Hazard is gone and there's been a managerial switch, but still they have some top players. Jorginho is someone who didn't have a great deal of goal or assist threat last year, but I'm very happy to have him (or Kanté) at 5m if he's starting every week.

Of course, I really need my first eleven starting each game with the weakness of my bench. I've brought in Jordan Ayew in the hope that he at least picks up some minutes most weeks. Crystal Palace, like Newcastle, look like another team that don't have a great deal of options up top. So if he's used, even if it's just off the bench, he might provide the odd point or two should it be needed.

As we've mentioned before. Greenwood is pretty much a free hit, so it would be silly to expect points from him. If he does play a part though, which isn't entirely unlikely given the circumstances at present, then 4.5m is superb value.

It does mean though that I'm starting the season with two very cheap strikers on my bench. Both of whom could play no part at all. So that third bench position is very important. I'm currently copying everyone else with Leander Dendoncker in there. The general consensus seems to be that he'll be a first choice player for Wolves again this season, but I genuinely have no idea and I'm just going with the crowd.

The other options in that 4.5m midfield price bracket are a bit, err.. bad. Hayden for Newcastle would be decent, but I think there's still uncertainty about his future. You'd think Dale Stephens would be a starter for Brighton, but with a new manager there I have no real certainty in that. Plus he tends to offer little more than one or two points a game when he plays.

Of course, if I was a really good FPL manager I'd have some unknown 4.5m gem up my sleeve, but sadly my knowledge, especially about the newly promoted teams, is just abysmal. Perhaps I can do some digging over these next few days and find the perfect pick.

For now though I'll just follow the herd and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment