Monday, August 26, 2019

FPL: My GW3 Points ..and My Wildcard Team (!)

Very happy with this week. Though I think that's mainly because Joelinton scored :D
57 points, 13 above the average. Very tidy.

Gameweek Points: 57
Gameweek Rank: 1,082,664
Overall Rank: 538,448
(click to enlarge)

Not gonna lie it felt great when Joelinton scored. It's been hard watching everyone else get forward returns while I've had a single 6m priced lone striker. So to get something in a game where I wasn't expecting anything was a huge bonus. Took my whole gameweek from average to decent.

I would say more about how the other players did this week, but I've hit the wildcard button. So that's now front and centre in my thoughts. I mainly did it to get Teemu Pukki in. It seemed like the sensible thing to do after watching the Norwich v Chelsea game. He was actually quite quiet for most the game, but when a player keeps scoring the way he has you have to take it on board.

I could've made excuses why not to get him, but getting him now makes sense whichever way you split it. Either he goes on to be this year's JimĂ©nez - in which case I definitely need him, especially given how I'm setting up this season. Or he fizzles out as many strikers do after a bright start, in which case I've at least got in on the price rises (heading to 7m tonight by the looks of it).

My wildcard as it stands at the moment;

(..yes, Joelinton stays)

I've also used the wildcard to get in on some of the other price rises. Cantwell, who has already risen once this week, and Douglas Luiz and Lundstram who both look set to rise over the next few days or so.

I watched Douglas Luiz against Everton on Friday night and I thought he looked really good. I had no idea what his price was at the time, I was much more concerned with watching Digne fail to return. So when I saw his price after I hit the wildcard it was a nice surprise.

I'm keeping Joelinton for the time being - how can I drop him after yesterday. The home tie against Watford now looks like a very nice fixture for him.

At some point I plan to revert back to just one up top. I think I'll wait it out to see which cheap striker looks to be the best value, then go back to five defenders. I was a little apprehensive about getting rid of Wan-Bissake. I still think he's potentially great value, but United really are an odd outfit at the moment. It's like they have the footballing equivalent of bipolar disorder.

With Sheffield United at home Azpilicueta stays. Especially after his assist. I thought he had a really good game against Norwich, so hopefully the rest of the Chelsea defence will be passable enough going forward that I can keep him long term.

With four or five days still to go til the weekend (plus League Cup fixtures midweek) it's possible there may be injuries or other team news that forces me to change things. Other than that though I think I'm fairly settled with the wildcard as it stands. Hopefully it does okay for me over the coming weeks and months.

Overall Points: 181
Overall Rank: 538,448

No comments:

Post a Comment