Friday, August 9, 2019

GW1 ..Let's Go !

Okay, think I'm finally set. I've taken out David Luiz and brought in Vertonghen. It's a bit of a boring switch, but he's a safe pick and Spurs play at home to Aston Villa. So it's nice to have a Spurs player in there. I may then bring Luiz back either for GW2, or on my first wildcard (I'll no doubt wildcard fairly early again).

(click to enlarge)

Apparently Luiz is down to start this week, so I could've just left him in there really, but I'll stick with dull. One thing I do like about Luiz starting on Sunday is that he's not the most reliable of defenders, and with him being thrown in with completely new players. Especially an already suspect Arsenal defence, then that may be potential good news for Joelinton. Though perhaps I'm being a little optimistic here :)

Lukaku leaving Manchester United is also great news, as it should mean much more opportunity for Greenwood. So I feel more confident having him on my bench now.

I've been scratching around a little to try to see if it's worth maybe spending the extra 0.5m the Vertonghen move left me, but I think I'll just leave it. I was looking to perhaps upgrade Dendoncker so I could have a stronger benched 5th mid, but really the options at 5m are almost as bad as those at 4.5m.

Going forward I'll be very interested to see if Philip Billing gets much game time for Bournemouth. He's only 5m and they have quite a few injuries at the moment. He always looked like Huddersfield's best player last season whenever I watched them. He looks very capable. Obviously it was difficult getting attacking returns in that Huddersfield team last season, but with the way Bournemouth play that could be very different. Not many people are mentioning him, but Bournemouth must have seen something in him if they've paid £15m. The question is have they bought him as a potential first team player, or just to flesh out the squad.

Anyway, not long to go now. The first game of the season kicks off in just two and a half hours :D

No comments:

Post a Comment