Friday, August 16, 2019

FPL: GW2 Preview

So I've swallowed my pride and brought in Digne. A week later than I should've had him, but at least he's in there now. I watched the highlights from last week and he looked very attacking. Obviously we all know that from last season, but my bias against teams like Everton made me look elsewhere.

My thinking in that regard is pretty much this. With a top six side you can be fairly certain they'll be in the top six come the end of the season. They may be higher up in that top six pecking order, they may be a bit lower down, but they'll probably be in there.

For example, if Spurs finish seventh or eighth this season you'd be very surprised. Whereas a team like Everton. Though you might expect a seventh to tenth place finish (or perhaps even higher as a few people have predicted) you wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they finish much further down. If Everton finish 14th this season no one's jaw will be dropping. Likewise if they find themselves being dragged into a relegation battle after the first seven or eight games it wouldn't be that unusual.

So that's why I was thinking a Spurs defender would be safer.

However, with the fixtures Everton have, and the clear attacking prowess of Digne, that was a big error. I missed out on a clean sheet last gameweek, but it could've been way worse. So I don't have that worry now going forward.

Anyway, my GW2 team.

(GW2 lineup_)

My big worry comes following that 120 minute super long, Super Cup. I had five players involved 😦 four of whom played the full whack. So that could damage me.

One bonus though is that it seems Jorginho is quite likely to be on penalties going forward. Which adds hugely to his potential. I just hope he actually starts the game.

I'm also hoping Salah gets as much game time as possible as I'm sticking with him as captain.

Finally, the Norwich v Newcastle match is weirdly the most interesting game for me this gameweek. I want to see how well both Joelinton and Pukki do against must weaker defences. Obviously I'm hoping Joelinton does well given that I own him. If he has a poor game against Norwich it'll be a worry. This was the game I was looking at when I put him in, so another blank will be disappointing. Very nice differential though.

Hopefully I can have a half decent week.

No comments:

Post a Comment