Tuesday, August 20, 2019

FPL: GW2 Review

An underwhelming week and what can only be described as a very mild green arrow.

Gameweek Points: 44
Gameweek Rank: 2,313,654
Overall Rank: 997,234
(click to enlarge)

Oddly, given the way the week went, I'm actually feeling quite positive about my team. I'm sticking with five at the back. It hasn't worked too well so far, but I'm happy with all the players. Wan-Bissaka looks decent value to me. I'm certainly in no rush to drop my two Liverpool defenders, and Digne has done the business so far. It's only really Azpilicueta that I now have doubts about, but even there the next two games for Chelsea look pretty nice - Norwich (A), Sheff Utd (H).

Digne currently has a yellow flag. I think he's due to have a scan this week to assess the injury. If he's just a doubt, or it's only for a single week I may just keep him, but I could just go Digne to Coleman if he's definitely out. So I'll wait and see with that one.

Moving on to midfield. Again I'm feeling confident. Sterling and De Bruyne I'm very happy about owning. Salah hasn't quite been on fire, but him or ManĂ© seem essential. Then finally with Jorginho it's the same as with Azpilicueta. Chelsea assets look very questionable, but the next two games give me no reason to be moving them out.

Upfront I do have a problem. Joelinton blanked again. (Pukki quite obviously stole the show in that game). He also has a yellow flag, though the news seems to be that he'll be fine for Tottenham. I plan on just leaving him in for the time being. There isn't an obvious 6m replacement at the moment who's guaranteed to play, and I'm not going to rearrange the rest of my team just yet. It's hard to see Newcastle doing anything against Spurs, but you never know. It is still very early in the season.

Overall Points: 124
Overall Rank: 997,234

No comments:

Post a Comment