Wednesday, December 25, 2019

GW18 Review/GW19 Preview

I really don't want to review gameweek 18, but I guess I have to.

Gameweek Points: 28
Gameweek Rank: 5,861,577
Overall Rank: 1,402,623
(click to enlarge)

Son sending off was the killer blow. I wasn't massively hopefully going into Sunday with just the three Spurs players to lift my week, but I was expecting more than a collective -2. One of them ones where you don't really want to look at your team for a few days.

Saying all that though it could've been much worse, and I ended up just 10 points below the average. Shane Long got an assist, so the Martinelli transfer didn't quite work out. Although both players are now injured and it looks like Long has the worst of it. So it might not be so bad. The Doherty transfer on the other hand helped. He just got the 4 points, but this week that looks like a bounty.

And Cantwell basically saved the day with his 10 points.

So, this gameweek..

Obviously it's Son out, but the question is; who in?

I'm going to go with Mahrez. The City triple up. Their games look nice, and although Mahrez will no doubt miss a lot of minutes the rewards are potentially big. So it's an aggressive move.

Richarlison would perhaps be the sensible option, but it just doesn't really appeal to my instincts. It'll be interesting to see how most Son owners go. (I haven't really been keeping up with the community of late, so I'm literally out on my own with no exterior input).

Surely this gameweek can't be worse than last?  ..please

(Sterling captain)

I'm starting Greenwood too (!) Even if he's just coming off the bench I feel more optimistic than I do with a defender against either Liverpool or City. Again, another aggressive move, but I feel like I need to start making a few now.

Overall Points: 946
Overall Rank: 1,402,623

No comments:

Post a Comment