Tuesday, December 8, 2020

GW11 Review - The Points Keep Rolling In

Another really nice gameweek.

Gameweek Points: 85
Gameweek Rank: 404,693
Overall Rank: 473,034

Again, just as with last week, a fair bit of luck. However, I'm feeling like my team is nicely balanced too. So it's all good.

Ever since I wildcarded in GW7 I've been flying. Even that first under-the-average week I got more points than I otherwise would have. So it's probably been one of my more successful wildcards since I've been playing the game.

(click to enlarge)

The graph is looking much nicer too.


GW12..

Going forward I'm going to do De Bruyne to Mané for this week. I was thinking about captaining Mané as well, but given that Salah returned well yet again I think it's probably sensible to play it safe and go with him.

I'll be taking Mané straight back out to bring De Bruyne straight back in the week after too. Assuming nothing major comes up. So I really do have a bit of a switcheroo going on.

I'm also considering a second transfer this week. Meaning a potential minus 4. I'm thinking of going Kilman to Charlie Taylor. The Burnley fixtures look really nice, and with Cancelo not always guaranteed a game for Man City I like the idea of having some solid cover.

There are three factors to this equation though;
  • How many games will Cancelo miss?
  • Will Max Kilman return to the Wolves starting line-up?
  • ..and will Newcastle's game against West Brom go ahead?

If the Newcastle game is cancelled and Wilson misses out then having more bench cover should definitely be worthwhile. However, if that goes ahead then it becomes more of a gamble. Especially when taking into consideration the possibility that Kilman (or indeed Struijk) may come off the bench for a single point. Which though miserly still nevertheless adds up.

In fact, this season I have a slightly different way of looking at points hits. Instead of viewing them as a single one-off 4 point hit I'm viewing them as a 1 point hit per week, over 4 weeks.

That way it puts things into perspective. 1 point a week is quite cheap and affordable. While at the same time it forces me to look at things over four gameweeks instead of just the one.

So will Charlie Taylor be worth 4 points over the next 4 weeks?

So far he's averaged around 2.8 points per game this season, and the next four fixtures look half-decent. (In fact, games five and six - home to Sheff United then Fulham - are very decent. So they're a potential huge bonus beyond this four week equation).

Even if Cancelo misses just one game and Taylor gets a two-pointer that'll still half my hit cost. So on face value I'm liking the look of it. Again though, what will Kilman do these next four weeks?

It's a tricky one.

Hopefully I'll have the answer by Friday.

Overall Points: 665
Overall Rank: 473,034

No comments:

Post a Comment