Friday, December 18, 2020

GW13 Review. Decent.

Words like 'solid' and 'decent' instantly spring to mind with this gameweek. Nothing spectacular, but 10 points above the average. So it has to go down as a successful week.

Gameweek Points: 52
Gameweek Rank: 1,326,397
Overall Rank: 634,636

I don't know whether to be pleased or disappointed with the eight points from De Bruyne. No assists or goals is normally a bit gutting, but the two bonus points felt like a huge ..well, bonus. Either way many of my other players chipped in with points here and there. So it all added up to something good enough for a green arrow.

blanks and dubs

I'm now entirely focused on the blanks and doubles. Unless we get more news I'm free hitting in GW18 and bench boosting in GW19.

I should be able to get a decent squad together for GW19 just using my free transfers. If all goes to plan I'll have fourteen double-game players and just the one single. Which will either be Wilson or Cancelo. I'm currently planning on leaving Cancelo (the City fixtures in general look good) and switching Wilson to Ings.

Mahrez will be my cash cow to upgrade Wilson. Along with Struijk and my bench keeper. At present my plan is to bring in Lookman to ratchet up the cash, but again, nothing is set in stone yet.

The one thing I'm fairly certain about though is my keeper switch.

With Big Sam coming back, no doubt with his solid style of football in tow, I'm looking at Johnstone. He's cheap, West Brom have decent-ish double gameweek games, and if West Brom shore up he might be useful.

Also I've noticed that he rotates fairly well with McCarthy after GW19. I'm not too keen on wasting a transfer post the double just to free up half a million. So it makes sense to plan with a view to the long term.

(click to enlarge)

When McCarthy faces Manchester United in GW22 Johnstone has Sheffield United. In weeks 25 & 26, when McCarthy has Chelsea and Everton, Johnstone has Burnley and Brighton. Week 33 sees McCarthy face City, whereas Johnstone has the easier Aston Villa.

In fact, in GW17, before the doubles, Johnstone has the struggling Arsenal but McCarthy has Liverpool. So I could make the transfer early to put him in for that too.

This all depends on what West Brom look like under Allardyce in the next few games though. Plus any new fixture information we receive. So there's plenty of time to ponder all this.

GW14

As for the current gameweek I'm simply rolling a transfer and going with the team we see up top. This time with Fernandes captain. Hopefully he doesn't blank again.

No comments:

Post a Comment